21-It Will Be Done

(y/n)'s POV
I haven't seen Anakin since the day he woke up. I was advised by Piett to stay away from the room, on Anakins request of course. It saddened me but I understood why, it would look suspicious if I was to go in there everyday to see him. It's only been three days and I was told that he's probably going to be leaving the medical ward today. Finally. Sleeping in my own bed away from him was quite lonely.

I did get to talk to him a little though, sort of, I would send him my thoughts. I knew he heard me but of course I couldn't hear him back so it was basically a one sided conversation. Kind of like a diary. I chuckled at my analogy, but I told him what I did throughout the day and I even informed him that it was I who found the assassin. I'm not expecting praise or anything, but I just wanted him to know that I would do anything for him.

What happened to him was the talk of the station, I almost punched someone for saying that they wished he didn't survive. But I held it in, what can I expect? He is who he is to everyone else. No one has the luxury to know him the way I do. It's not something I can blame them for, they see him as a cold, heartless, monster. And that's the way he portrayed himself to them. Even though to me he's the complete opposite.

I laid my head on my pillow with a sigh, I wish he'd just walk into my room already.

I miss you.

Vader's/Anakin's POV
"You don't have to come in here everyday Piett, I'm fine." I sighed as Piett began fluffing my pillow for the tenth time in the past hour. Although I didn't actually mind his company, especially since he comes in here for different reason than everyone else. I've had multiple captains walk in and all they think about is that the only reason that they're here, is because they felt like they had to be.

But not Piett, surprisingly, he actually likes me. I'm not sure why, I threatened his entire family and him. On several occasions. But he's never thought about why he doesn't hate me, so it remains a mystery. Also, I'm not even sure if he has a family if I'm being honest, I just try scaring him, "Nonsense, it is a pleasure my Lord." He sat back in the chair and handed me the bag of food from the mess hall.

I grabbed the bag from him and opened it, none of it looked appetizing, except for the pudding. I smiled when I saw it, because it reminded me of her.

I miss you

I heard her in my head and I let out a sigh.

I miss you too

I thought back, even though I knew she couldn't hear me. It didn't matter to me though, I responded to everything she's said these past few days. Just so I could feel like I was actually talking to her. "So Piett," I pulled out the pudding and plastic spoon so I could begin eating, "Why don't you hate me like everyone else?" I questioned as I looked up to him, I noticed he didn't look afraid, for once.

He shrugged, "I used to." He admitted and I shot him an angry glare, he looked afraid again, but I let out a little chuckle.

"I'm just teasing, continue." I instructed. I surprised myself a little, I've never joked with a member of the staff before. This girl really is doing something to me.

He laughed a little back, it felt.. nice.

"But," He looked over to the door and I waved my hand to close it so he could continue without distractions, "Ever since I walked in on you with (y/n), I guess I started to see you in a different light."

I tilted my head with curiousity, I decided not to read his thoughts while he explained. I wanted to hear everything from him, "And what light would that be?"

He sat there and thought for a moment, "Human. I noticed whenever you are with her is when you're the most human. It shows that you actually do have a heart which is not something I thought you had, no offense." He admitted.