BONUS 50.5 - Tatooine Sunset

The chapters 50 and 51 have a one month time jump, so there won't be any confusion if you don't read either them. This is just an added sweet moment ❤️ and if you want the timeline, this is about two weeks after the wedding.

Posted May 5th, 2022

3.5k words

༻✦༺

(Y/n)'s POV
"Wrench please," I held my hand out and turned to face my husband who was sitting on the floor of the hangar, playing with an odd cube that Piett gave him. The concept is to get all the sides to be the same color, and Anakin swore he could do it in five minutes after he watched Piett struggle — it has now been two days and he's still messing with it.

"Anything for you mi'lady," He said without looking at me, but the wrench floated from the tool box next to him and arrived onto my palm seconds later.

"Thank you," I turned around to get back to fixing a ship that was damaged during a battle with the rebels. Many ships and clones were lost and this was the only salvageable one that returned, and it was carrying my husband.

After I tightened a few bolts, I felt an arm sank around my waist and I was pulled into his chest as he softly kissed my neck that had beads of sweat. Which sounds gross, but it's not like he hasn't kissed my sweaty body before.

"Baby, you know I can fix this for you," He offered, hugging me tightly and I hugged him back by holding his arms that were around me, "Or I can throw the assignment on someone else so we can go to bed." He kissed my neck again, this time his lips lingered and he trailed up to my jawline by my ear — notifying me of his intentions.

I smiled and pulled out of his hold so I could face him. I then wrapped my arms around his neck and he placed his hands on my waist, "Ani I feel like you forget that I chose this profession because I like it," I reminded him, "I enjoy fixing things."

His smile widened as he trailed his hands up my body, "That I get, can I at least help you then? To quicken the process." He added innocently.

But we both know he wants this to get done quicker so we can go back the room and have sex. As if we haven't already had sex today — twice, once in our morning when we woke up and again around lunch time in his office. Which is a lot already, but he's been extra affectionate lately. Not that I have any complaints though, I see no reason in denying my husband the glorious benefits of having a wife who loves him.

"I love you for offering," I got on my toes and kissed the top of his nose, "But no."

He looked stunned by my response, and downright offended, "What?" He uttered in disbelief.

"It's nothing personal baby," I moved out of his hold and took a step on my stool so I could get back to work, "This is my therapy time and I need it." Fixing things brings me such peace and with things that have happened recently, like getting kidnapped by a troll on my wedding night and losing a baby I already to love, I needed some peace. Which has been hard to get since he's avoided giving me assignments so he could have me to himself for his peace. So when Tarkin handed this to me, I jumped on it, "Why don't you go back and play with your little cube and I'll let you know when I'm done — crowbar."

A crowbar was placed in my hand almost instantly, "Don't say play, I'm not a child," I didn't have to look at him to know he was rolling his eyes at me, "And I can't play with the cube anyway, I kind of broke it."