20-You Failed

(y/n)'s POV
I held a rag in my hand as I slowly started to clean the alcohol from his desk. Tears were spilling from my eyes as I remembered the events that just took place. The sight of him falling over onto the floor as he coughed up blood, absolutely destroyed me. I held onto him a screamed for help until finally Piett rushed in. He called the medical staff and they came in and took him from my arms. That was thirty minutes ago and I was still here, I barely got his blood off of his floor.

"(y/n) I need you to tell me everything you know." Piett spoke to me softly, he could see how distressed I was.

I shook my head as I continued cleaning his desk. He's going to need it to be cleaned when he comes back, because he is coming back. He can't leave me again, he's going to survive this, "Nothing Piett," My voice was hoarse from the constant crying, "I know nothing other than what I already told you."

We were happy one second and he was dying the next.. Fuck my heart hurt.

"Alright well, we took the bottle to try and identify the poison so we can know what to use to save him." He sighed and I knew there was something to his words that he wasn't telling me.

I glared up at him, "What are you not saying?" I almost snapped, I was in no mood for people to be holding anything back from me.

I saw him visibly gulp, almost like he was afraid of me, "It could take hours to identify," He looked away from me to the floor, "But the staff believe that he only has less than one." He reluctantly admitted and I felt my chest tighten as I slammed my fist on the desk causing him to jump slightly.

"Are they even going to try?" I snapped with tears in my eyes, "He is Lord Vader after all, no doubt they're hoping he doesn't make it." I cried as I brought my hands to my head and rubbed my temples in frustration.

"I promise you they are doing everything they can, please try to remain calm."

"Calm? How can I be calm? Someone did this to him, who the fuck got in here?" Then that's when a memory that I pushed aside, finally resurfaced. I snapped my head up to look at Piett, "Tell me, do we have anyone new? An assistant to the weapons department or something?" I questioned and knitted his brows in confusion at my random switch in tones.

He then shook his head, "I don't know much about new hires so I'm not sure, but what I do know is that we don't have assistants for the weapons department," He shrugged, "That's not a job we offer."

Just as I suspected, now I know who did this and she better hope I don't find her, "Has anyone left the station within the past two hours? At all?" I asked as I tossed the rag aside.

He shook his head again, "No ma'am and no one will, we are on full lockdown till we figure out who did this." He assured me and I nodded while looking away in thought.

She's still here.

"I'll be back." I walked around the desk to make my way to the exit.

"(y/n) wait," He grabbed onto my arm and I turned around to face him with an annoyed glare, there was no time for this. I have less than an hour to find this woman, "Lord Vader will have my head if I let you roam around knowing an assassin is here."

I pulled my arm from his grip, "I know a way to save him, but you gotta trust me." I watched as he thought over my words before he finally sighed and nodded. I smiled at him one last time before leaving the room.

I had no idea where to begin. I stood in place and thought for a moment, I didn't have the time to run around this entire place.

If I was a an assassin.. what would I do once I got my target? I would try to leave.