35-Who You Truly Are

Anakins/Vader's POV
I held the newly assembled lightsaber in my hand and eyed the purple light that came out of it.

Flashback(Age:10)

"Now what does green mean?" Obi-Wan asked me as we sat crossed-legged across from each other in his quarters.

I sat for a moment as I thought, "Jedi Consulars, it's for those that are strong with the force and focus more on their telekinetic abilities than their physical abilities."

He nodded with a proud smile, "Okay and what about blue?"

"Jedi Guardian,it's for those who are the protectors and gatekeepers of the galaxy. They focus more on their lightsaber skills than their force abilities." I responded, I knew that one perfectly, blue is the color that I wanted.

He chuckled, "Very good Anakin, now what about purple?" He asked and I was stunned, I didn't read that far into it. I gave him a sheepish look and he shook his head, "Purple is for those who are strong with both sides of the force. The light side and the dark side."

I gasped, "But isn't that a bad thing; I thought we should never affiliate ourselves with the dark side?" I asked slightly confused.

He shook his head, "It's not necessarily a bad thing. Purple is a blend of red and blue, think of it like a perfect balance between the light and the dark. It's meant for individuals who know and understand how to harness and control both sides. That doesn't make them bad, in fact some who have been associated with it are known to be strong, brave, and even compassionate." He informed me and I listened with great interest, "But, there is instability and moral ambiguity involved, so they have to be careful and remember what side they are fighting for. Here's an example; Master Windu. He has a purple lightsaber, but he's not evil now is he?"

I scrunched my face in slight disgust, "I'm not too sure about that." Hes pretty mean sometimes, I just don't think he likes me very much because Obi-Wan went against everyone's wishes to train me. I owe this man in front of me everything. No one has ever fought for me the way he has. I just hope he continues to, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have him on my side. He's the only person that has made this temple tolerable.

He laughed as he placed a hand on my shoulder, "Alright, now that I've lectured you on that. Let's continue on with the lesson."

I groaned, "Do we have too; I already know what color I want so why should I care about the rest?"

"Oh Anakin, you don't get to choose the color. The crystal looks into the deepest parts of your soul to sees who you truly are, then it picks for you."

Flashback ends

I retracted the blade as I let out a sigh. I don't know why it called to me, I don't deserve this blade, "Hold on to this for me." I held it out to R2, "I'll let you know if I need it." He beeped in response and opened his side compartment to place the weapon inside before closing it, "Thanks buddy."  I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes, the image of (y/n)'s pale face from my nightmare instantly came into view and I opened my eyes again, so I no longer had to see it. I tightened my grip on the handles of my seat as I held back tears. If I ever lost her, I don't know what I would do. I just know I would never be Anakin Skywalker again, I wouldn't survive without her, my beacon of light.

Suddenly my door opened and Piett stepped into my office unannounced, he placed a paper on my desk, "Here's the report you asked for regarding the recent rebel attack on Ryloth from Director Krennic."

I loosened my grip and took it without looking up at him, "Thank you." I spoke in a slow tone. I began reading it over when I realized he was still standing there. I looked up and he was staring down at me with a small grin, "What?" I asked with an annoyed sigh.