39-The Brother I Deserved

(y/n)'s POV
I sighed in frustration as I walked out of the medical wing. I looked up to the sound of rushing footsteps and I see Piett darting past people to get to me, "What-" He began, but he stopped to catch his breath, he buckled over and held up his index finger at me, signaling me to give him a second. I chuckled at his tired state and he finally stood up straight and eyed me with concern, "What happened?" He asked with a sigh.

I shrugged, "It's no big deal," I held up my left hand, "I broke my finger."

He groaned, "Oh my god, seriously?" He spoke in an annoyed tone and grabbed my hand to eye the small cast that was placed on my left index finger, "How did this happen?" He glared up at me, "Lord Vader should be returning later today and I told him that you would be in the same condition that he left you in." He sighed as he shook his head, "And here you are, breaking fingers and shit."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I didn't plan to break it, it just happened," I glanced annoyingly over at R2 who was right next to me, "Someone distracted me." He beeped in defense and I shook my head at him. Little asshole rolled into my work station and knocked a bunch of shit over when I was hammering into a ship, thus causing me to look at him and not pay attention to what I was doing. So I hit the hammer against my index finger, it hurt like hell.

"But still, you need to be more car-"

"Piett?" I watched as he visibly stiffened with slightly widened eyes when he heard the familiar voice of Aubra. She was walking towards his back when he slowly turned to face her, she was glaring intently at him, "I thought I said I didn't want to see you over here." She stopped and folded her arms.

He rolled his eyes, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize you own the Death Star Aubra." He responded in a snippy tone and I held in a laugh, I love him.

She scoffed, "So how is little miss blondie anyway?" She asked in a disgusted tone as she eyed him up and down.

He smirked, oh god he's gonna say something he shouldn't, "Good, she's much better in bed. And not as clingy and psychotic as some people." He smiled sarcastically.

My jaw dropped, he did not just say that..

"You asshole!" She stepped forward and slapped him. She pushed past him and walked away down the corridor, practically stomping her feet along the way.

I shook my head as he turned to face me while he gripped his cheek with a scowl, "You had to have known that was going to happen."

He shrugged as he dropped his hand down, "She deserved it." He gestured for me to follow him down the hall. R2 rolled by right next to me, which reminds me, I wonder where BB-4 is. Unless she's with Ellie again.

"You know, you never told me why your relationship with Aubra ended." I reminded him, he had told me before that he'd tell m. And she hasn't said anything either, in fact I've hardly talked to her since it all happened. Which is fine I guess, she was cool, but we never had more than a few lunches together so we weren't that close. I've become closer with Ellie actually.

He sighed, "It's embarrassing." He admitted without making eye contact with me.

I gave him a confused look, "Piett you're talking to me. You've literally seen you know who's face in between my thighs, held back my hair for me last week while I was throwing up, and let's not forget the time I had my period and you ran around this place looking for tampons for me. We've reached a level of friendship that is unmatched." I nudged him on the shoulder with mine, if I'm being honest too, he's filled a void that was left empty when I lost my brother. In a way, he's become like a brother to me, "You should never be embarrassed to tell me anything."