51-Gift

ONE MONTH LATER

(y/n)'s POV
"Don't run in the halls!" Talkin yelled at me as I ran past him towards the hangar.

"Sorry!" I yelled back; even though I ignored his request and kept running. I opened the door quickly and ran straight to Piett and Ellie. I buckled over and caught my breathe before standing back up straight, "I came-fuck," I bent over one more time, my throat was burning, "I came as fast I could, what's the emergency?" I was finally able to speak.

Piett shook his head at me with his arms crossed over his chest; Ellie mimicked his movements, "How can you not know what today is?" He asked in disappointment.

I stood there for a moment in deep thought then my eyes widened when it hit me, "Oh fuck, it's Anakin's birthday!"

~*~•~*~

Vader's/Anakin's POV
"I know it is R2, but I don't care." I sighed as I leaned my head back on my chair, he beeped at me and I shot him an annoyed look, "Shut up I am not old." I complained and then I let out a chuckle at his playful beeps and spin, "Alright fine, I'll let you sing to me, but don't let anyone hear you. I don't want (y/n) to remember that it's today." I know her, she's going to try and do something or get me something; which I really don't want. I'll tell her tonight in bed and maybe get a small birthday surprise from her mouth, but other than that, I don't want anything-

"Happy Birthday!" My wife quickly entered the room with something in her hand and I sighed instantly, never mind she remembered.

I sat up, "It's not my birthday." I lied with a smirk.

"Shut up yes it is." I scowled at her as she dropped a little box on the desk, "This is for you." She slid it over with a proud smile on her face.

I eventually smiled back, I couldn't help it; her smile was contagious, "You know I don't like gifts." I let out a small sigh as I the grabbed box and began to open it.

She shrugged, "And you know I don't care."

I shot her a glare before finally opening the gift fully, to reveal a ring that was exactly like hers. The only difference is, she engraved our initials in it, "This is perfect." I whispered, feeling slightly emotional as I held it up and watched it shine in the light.

"You never got one, and you made mine. So I thought, why don't I make you yours." She spoke with excitement as she walked around the desk and kissed me on the cheek, "You like it?"

I looked up at her in awe, "Words can't even begin to describe how much I love it, come here ." I grabbed her to sit on my lap and I hugged her tightly, "Thank you."

"You're welcome." She chuckled as she pulled away from the hug to look at me. The moment my eyes landed on her, my smile dropped and I got a sickening feeling. Her face was pale, her eyes were lifeless, and her lips were blue; just like in my nightmares. I blinked harshly and opened my eyes again; only to see her back in her normal state, but with a worried expression, "Are you okay?" She asked as she rubbed my cheek gently.

I nodded as I swallowed nervously, "Yeah everything's fine," I put on another smile for her, "I just have a bit of a headache, I don't think I've been sleeping well." Which wasn't a total lie.

She nodded knowingly, we do share a bed after all, "I've noticed," She sighed as she dropped her hand down, "Are you still having your nightmares?"

Yes, every fucking night.

I shook my head, "No, just other things have been on mind."

"Is there anything I can do?" She asked as she ran her fingers through my hair. Shes too sweet for this galaxy, too pure. It's a shame she got sucked into this life with someone like me. But I'm too selfish to give her up.