60-The Meadows

Anakin's/Vader's POV
I groaned from the slight discomfort I felt as I tired to stir, moving was painful, but it wasn't as bad as you'd expect from a ship crash, "Move, do not. Heal you must." I shot my eyes open in surprise when I heard that familiar voice. I met Yoda's gaze as he stood over me with a look of content.

"What the?" I shifted my head around to take in my surroundings; we were in a.. hut? How did I get here? The last thing I remember was crashing on Hoth, and this does not look like Hoth, "Where the hell are we?" I questioned as he moved away from me to go to a pot on his stove; he began casually stirring the contents inside before he spoke.

"Dagobah we are." He tapped the wooden spoon on the pot before gently setting it down and calling a bowl to his hand with the force, "Healed you I did, then brought you here. Rest you needed."

I began to sit up and was immediately overcome with a sharp pain that shot throughout my body, I winced, but I fought through it and sat at the edge of the small bed, "How did you know where to find me and how long have I been here?" I asked with a strained tone; I glanced down to my shirtless nature to see bandages covering my chest and abdomen.

He smiled as he walked over to me with the bowl in his hands, "Told me where to find you, someone did. Only a few hours it has been." He held the fish out for me to grab and I awkwardly accepted it. This is the first time him and I have had any type of real interaction since the Jedi temple that didn't involve me holding back the urge to snap him in half.

"Thanks," I eyed the food curiously; wondering what the hell it was. And who could have told him where to fin-

Then say goodbye to your wife.

My eyes widened and I nearly dropped the food when I remembered the words Sidious said to me before I crashed, "(y/n)-" I stood up quickly; instantly regretted it when my head hit the roof of his annoyingly small home, "Ah fuck!"

He laughed at me while I used one of my hands to nurse the area that was definitely going to grow a bump, "Fine she is, know where she is, Sidious does not."

I furrowed my brows at him as I set my hand back down to my knee, while placing the bowl he gave me to the side, "How do you know that?"

"Because I've been watching over her." My eyes snapped to the familiar voice; Obi-Wan's blue figure appeared not too far from where Yoda was now.

I smiled with joy when I saw him, it must've been him who told Yoda where I crashed, "Obi-Wan," I was about to stand up, but I stopped myself before I hit my head again.

"Hello Anakin, I have to say, that was quite ballsy of you." He chuckled referring to the destruction of the Death Star, "But it was entertaining to watch."

I chuckled as well as I eyed the room, hoping to see Ahsoka as well, but I grew solemn when I realized that she wasn't here, "Where's Snips?"

"Keeping her eye on Palpatine, I should warn you though; he has just about every bounty hunter in the galaxy looking for both you and (y/n)." He informed me with concern in his voice while he crossed his arms over his chest; a deep sigh could be heard from him.m, "He has yet to learn of her whereabouts and she remains oblivious to it all, she's currently shopping in the market; on a hunt for pudding." He added with a smile.

I smiled to myself, that would be her main concern right now. It's good to know that she's safe for now, but he's still after her. So I need to return to Naboo quickly so I can keep her safe. The entire plan has shifted now that I know that he knows about her.

I trust Piett with my life, but he's no match Sidious, and I'd never forgive myself if anything happened to him or Ellie either.

I groaned in frustration; standing up slowly to avoid hitting myself again, "I have to get to her," I felt a wave of dizziness take over and I placed my hand on the wall to avoid falling over, I was weak, but I needed to get my girl and friends, "How does he even know about her?" I spoke low to myself as I balled my hand into a fist and hit the wall aggressively.

"We're unsure, but Ahsoka suspects he's known for quite some time."

I kept my gaze on the wall; biting the inside of my cheek in aggravation and fear. I don't understand how he could know, I thought we were careful; we made sure no one saw her entering or leaving my quarters, I avoided being with her in the halls, and limited our interactions to the four basic locations: my quarters, my office, her quarters, and the hangar.

I let out a deep sigh as I closed my eyes; leaning my forehead against the wall, "It doesn't matter how he knows, all that matters now is that he does," I pulled myself from the wall and looked to the two men who were "If I lose her Obi-Wan.. I'll descend into a spiral of self-loathing and misery once again, and this time; nothing is going to be able to pull me back out."

He nodded with understanding, "I know, so let's get you on a ship and you can bring her and your friends here to be safe. He won't find them on this dump."

"Dump it is not, home it is." Yoda interrupted and Obi-Wan rolled his eyes.

"It's a dumb Master Yoda," He sighed before giving me his attention once more, "Then you'll know for sure they'll be safe here with Yoda, so you can comfortably go after him without the worry of her well-being in the back of your mind."

I smiled with a nod, that's a damn good plan. If anyone is a match for Sidious, besides me, it's Master Yoda. So I know she will perfectly safe here until I exact my revenge, "Alright," I grabbed my shirt that was hanging off the edge of the bed, I pulled it over and called my lightsaber from the table, "Let's go get them."

༻✦༺

(y/n)'s POV
"Ellie I found it!" I called out to my friend as I set the container of pudding down on the wooden picnic table outside of the cabin.

"What is that?" She asked from right next to me and I jumped in fright; placing a hand on my chest to calm my racing heart as I glared at her. I didn't even see her come over here, I thought she was in the cabin this whole time.

I let out a heavy breathe to calm my erratic nerves before speaking, "First, don't sneak up on me like that, you full well I'm on edge," I scolded her and her blank expression never changed, "Second, it's pudding." I smiled as I tapped my finger on the lid of my favorite dessert.

She broke her gaze from mine and eyed it before looking back to me, "I'm bored here." She spoke bluntly and I furrowed my brows, well this is a complete one-eighty from her earlier chipper mood she had before I left to the market.

"Did something happen with you and Piett?" I assumed maybe they got into an altercation, that's usually the only time her mood is a little down.

She tilted her head with a confused look, "Piett?"

"Yeah your boyfriend?" I chuckled as I opened the pudding container and used a spoon I bought to take the first bite, "He must've really pissed you off for you to not even want to claim him."

She chuckled back, "You know how it is, he.. is annoying." She stop laughing abruptly as she eyed the dessert once more, "How about we take this and go on a little adventure, not too far from here of course, but I could use the get away. And I'll tell you all about what happened with.. Piett."

I nodded as I placed the lid back on and licked my spoon clean, "Sure, but we should at least tell him that we're leaving so he doesn't freak out and call Anakin."

She nodded quickly, "I agree, we don't want him showing up here.." She said the last part a little low and it felt odd, but then again, she's always been an odd one, "But Piett is napping so maybe we should just write a note."

I shrugged, "Sounds good, I'll be right back."

I walked inside the cabin and wrote on a tiny piece of paper before sticking it on the fridge for him to easily find, since he spent most of his time in the fridge anyway; fat ass.

I stepped back out and Ellie was waiting for me with a warm smile, "Ready?" She asked as she held her hand out to me.

I gladly accepted it and walked down the steps with her, "Definitely, but you never told me where were going."

"The meadows."