40-It's Here

(y/n)'s POV
Piett burst into the room out of breath for the second time today, "I came as fast as I could," He announced and his gaze turned to Anakin who was pacing back and forth in deep thought. I don't understand why he's freaking out so much and I've tried asking but he's hardly said anything to me, "What is happening?" Piett asked as his gaze shifted between Anakin and I.

My fiancé finally stopped pacing and looked up to our friend, "I think she's pregnant." He admitted and Pietts eyes widened as he looked to me then my stomach.

"Ani you don't know that for sure." How is he jumping to this conclusion? I told him I had my last period three weeks ago, so I still have plenty of time. But instead of talking to me, he immediately called Piett.

He shot me a glare, "I can feel it (y/n)," He walked over to me and placed a hand on my stomach, "It's very faint, but there's definitely something different. I could be wrong, I've never felt a pregnancy before, but I'm ninety-nine percent sure I'm right." He turned his attention to Piett who was still eyeing me with shock, "I can't exactly be the one to take her to see the doctor, I need you to do it."

Piett composed himself, "Say no more," He walked over and grabbed my shoulder to pull me out of the room, "Come on honey time for a check up."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Don't call me that." I turned my head to see Anakin sitting on the edge of his bed with his head in his hand, before we finally left the room. Piett began dragging me down the hall towards the medical bay.

This can't be happening, what if it's true? I can't raise a kid here, can I? Or what if I am and he tells me he doesn't want it.. would I even want it? Oh god I'm gonna throw up again.

I was breathing heavily and Piett noticed, "No no, no panic attacks yet until we know for sure." He gently squeezed my shoulder in an effort to calm me down.

"But I still have time for my period, it's too early, they might not even be able to detect it if I am." I told him, usually you're supposed to wait until after your period is late.

~*~•~*~

"Alright (y/n) what seems to be the issue." My usual doctor came into the room, "Your finger okay?" He asked as he eyed the small cast.

I nodded, "Yeah I'm not here for that." I responded in shyly tone as I looked down in embarrassment.

"We need you to give her a pregnancy test." Piett spoke bluntly. I turned my gaze back up to the doctor who's eyes had slightly widened.

He looked from Piett back to me, "Um sure, when was your last period?"

"Three weeks ago." I answered his question.

He looked at me confused, "You still have time, is there any particular reason why you believe you might be pregnant?"

Before I could answer, Piett did, "Where should I even start," He began and I slowly turned to glare at him, "She threw up today and claims to not be feeling well, she is extremely moody, she pees like every five minutes, and not only that but we never use a condom, because we're so smart. And we have sex every damn day, because were fucking animals who lack self control." I dropped my head down to my hands in embarrassment. He would pick now to take shots at mine and Anakins sex life. But in all fairness, he did warn us multiple times to be more careful. And did we listen? Nope.

The poor doctor looked dumbfounded, then he blinked rapidly and turned his attention back to me, "Well, it's still early so these could easily be signs of PMS. But if you really want to take a test, we can, although it may not be entirely accurate." He informed me, which I already knew.