53-Repercussions

(TW: Blood, Death)

(y/n)'s POV
"I'm so sorry." I hugged Ani to my chest as he silently cried. I ran my my fingers through his hair to help soothe his devastated emotional state. He just told me everything about his visit with the Emperor, now I see why he was having a melt down earlier. And now I feel like a horrible wife for walking away from him, when I should've been there to comfort him, "I'm sorry I walked away earlier." I sighed as I rested my cheek against the top of his head.

"Don't apologize, I'm sorry that I hurt you." He held his arms around my waist tightly. He felt horrible about it, but I know it wasn't something that he meant to do. I'm pretty sure he didn't even know that I was in the room when he lost control.

I sighed softly, "Dont worry about it, it was an accident. I know you would never hurt me on purpose." I lifted my head up to kiss his hair gently before resting my cheek back down, "But I have to ask; I thought you wanted him dead, so why are you so upset?" I hope that didn't sound as rude as it came out. I just genuinely want to know what is going through his mind right now so I can understand him better.

He sighed as he lifted himself up slowly to meet my gaze, "I don't know," He answered honestly, "I really can't tell you, I've hated him for so long. But the second I watched the light leave his eyes, I didn't hate him anymore. In the end, he tried to make amends." He groaned as he laid his head back on my chest, "But I know I-" He stopped speaking and lifted his head up to gaze at the door, "Ellie's coming, Pietts busy and she's lonely." He chuckled softly.

"I can tell her I'll hang out with her later." I didn't want to leave him alone like this. I'm his wife, I need to be here for him.

"No it's okay," He wiped his red eyes and stood up from the bed, "Just before you came in I got a call from Tarkin; he wants to have a meeting with me," He bent down and placed a kiss on my forehead, "Come and see me in my office later though."

"I will." I smiled up at him.

He smiled back and turned to leave the room; he waved the door open and Ellie had her hand raised like she was about to knock.

"Such a gentleman." She smiled as she strutted inside.

Anakin chuckled at her, "I heard you coming, don't keep her busy for too long. I'll be needing her later." He turned to me with a wink, putting on his best act in front of her; even though I could see that he was still upset.

She shrugged, "I'll try not to, but no promises. Ready to spoon babe?" She asked as she turned away from him and walked towards me.

Anakin glared at her from behind, but quickly shook his head with an annoyed sigh and left the room.

I chuckled up at her, "You know he doesn't like when you say stuff like that." I rolled my eyes, I don't get why it bothers him. Shes only messing around; but he's a typical jealous husband.

She grinned as she hopped in the bed next to me, "I know, that's why I do it."

I raised my brow, "This is coming from the girl who used to be terrified of him; and now you're deliberately trying to annoy him." I shook my head in amusement. Oh how things have changed.

She shrugged as she sprawled out onto the bed to comfortable, "That's before I found out he's actually a big teddy bear. Plus, I'm dating his best friend, so he won't do anything to me unless he wants the wrath of Piett." She chuckled with confidence.

The wrath of Piett; That's something I would like to see.

~*~•~*~

Vader's/Anakin's POV
I sighed in annoyance as I walked into the conference room that Tarkin had asked me to meet him in. He was seated in one of his chairs with a smug look on his face, "Hello Lord Vader, please sit." He gestured to the seat in front of him.