3-A New Record

(a/n The person I have in mind for Adam is Dean Geyer for anyone who might want a visual of him but of course you can always ignore this and picture him anyway you want! (:  )

I was done.

I hadn't called him back though, nor has he decided to come back. I was too afraid, I felt like me talking back meant the two chances rule no longer applied to me. In a way I feel like him not killing me then and there WAS my second chance.

I sat there on the floor admiring my work, I was happy with it though, let's just hope he is too.

"You're done?"

I jumped at the voice and turned my head in fear of it being him but when I saw Adam, my racing heart came back to it's normal slow and steady pace. "Yeah for the past hour and a half." I sighed. Yes I've been sitting here for well over an hour too scared to call Vader. Don't judge me.

He knitted his brows together, "Why haven't you called him then? He sent me here to check on your progress."

My eyes widened slightly, "Um," I looked away from him, damn it I can't hide anymore, "I'm going to be honest, I'm scared." I looked back to him and he had a sympathetic look.

"Believe me when I tell you that there isn't a single person in this station who isn't afraid, me included," He walked up to me and knelt down next to me since I was sitting cross-legged on the floor, "But the longer you take, the more angry he's going to be."

I sighed, "Can you tell him I just finished?" I asked with hope that he would lie for me.

He chuckled and nodded before bringing his comlink to his mouth, "She just finished my Lord."

"Send her to me." He responded almost instantly and spoke in the same threatening tone he did earlier.

Oh force why does he want me to come to him and not just come here?

Adam stood up and held his hand out to me, "Best not to keep him waiting, I'll take you there." I accepted his hand and he pulled me to my feet but he pulled me a little closer than he needed to so I was slightly pressed against him. He smirked down at me and I stepped back with a nervous chuckle. He was going a little far with this flirting thing. He led me out of the room and down the hall to wherever Vader was until we stood out of a closed door, "Go ahead."

I looked to him scared, "You're not coming in with me?"

He shook his head, "He didn't ask for me." He gave me a little wave with a smile and walked away, leaving me standing in front of this door on my own. I stood there for maybe five minutes until I breathed heavily and was about to knock but the door slid open on it's own. I couldn't see anyone inside so I slowly entered. I looked around the room, there was a black desk at the very end that was scattered with papers and other loose objects, to the right was a black leather couch, and that's when I saw him to the left leaning over a small table. He wasn't wearing the hood so I could finally see his blonde hair, but that didn't make him any less intimidating.

"Come here," He demanded and I reluctantly walked to him and stopped when I was about two feet away, "Closer," He said in the same tone and I moved even closer to the point where our shoulders almost touched, "I did the math." He looked up from some prints that were in front of him on the table and met my eyes. I felt like cowering into a corner due to the intensity of the yellow glow.

"And?" I asked and once again my voice came out more high pitched than normal.

"You were right," He responded and I almost let a smile appear on my lips but his next words made me stop, "And you were wrong." He was now fully facing me, he towered over me by almost a whole foot.