16-On Board

(y/n)'s POV
It's been four months since I last saw him..

Since I last heard his voice..

Even after all this time am I still a crying mess?

Absolutely.

I was completely heart broken.

What made it worse is that it's not like he hasn't come back. Over the past four months he's been here a total of five times, only a few hours at a time then he'd leave again but he was still here, and each time he avoided me at all costs. I wasn't allowed in his office when he was here. He even had clone troopers place me in my room whenever he walked the halls. It was so hurtful. I hated him for doing this to me.

Anytime I knew he was here, I called to him in my mind. I said everything I could possibly think of to get him to come see me, but he never did.

I even went as far as to call him some pretty bad names, names I shouldn't repeat ever again, hoping I'd anger him and he'd come here in a fit of rage. I knew he didn't have it in him to actually do anything to me, I just needed him here with me. I missed him so much and it fucking hurt like hell, especially with the fact that he didn't even give me an explanation.

He just ghosted me.

Even after everything.

I really thought things were going to be different after that day on Kashyyyk. I thought he'd fallen for me just as hard as I had for him. But of course, it meant nothing I guess, at least that's how he's made me feel.

"You need to eat," Adam pulled me out of my deep thoughts as we sat together at the breakfast table, he knew something was different, that something was bothering me. "Please." He pushed the tray of food in front of me and I sighed as I picked a piece of toast and took a bite.

"Happy?" I half smiled at him as I chewed the bland toast.

He smiled, "Yes I am actually."

I gave a small chuckled as I continued slowly eating the food and fidgeting with my necklace, that I feel like I should take off but I can't seem to.

"Are you ever going to tell me what's been going on with you these past few months?" He sighed as he leaned back in his chair.

I looked up to meet his concerned gaze and shook my head, "No."

He groaned a little frustrated, "Tell me something at least, I've felt so helpless watching you fall apart."

I sighed as I dropped the barely eaten toast on the plate, "I don't need anyone's help Adam, I'm fine." I stood up from the table and grabbed my tray as I walked away from him to throw the tray away.

Before he could start to follow me I left the room and began to walk towards mine, wanting to just sleep the day away since I have no tasks at the moment. Just as soon as I was about to reach the door I heard my name being called and I turned around to see Tarkin and Piett coming towards.

"Hello Admiral Tarkin, Captain Piett," I nodded to both of them, "What do you have for me today?" I smiled thinking he was going to assign me something and I was kind of hoping for it, it'd be a good distraction.

"Off site mission." Tarkin spoke in his normal monotone voice.

"Oh?" I tilted my head curiously,"When, where, and what?"

"It's one of our small cruisers that landed on Hoth, it received some damage but nothing that you won't be able to fix. You'll be leaving now." He gestured for me to follow him, "It should be a quick, you'll be home in time for dinner. I've already placed everything you'll need on the ship and we have a five clone troopers that will be escorting you there." We walked into the Hangar and I was excited to go to a new planet, even if it is Hoth. Plus this should be an amazing distraction.