4-Which Is It

I had just spent the last six hours working on the TIE-Fighters. I'd only completed about four and I looked down the rows, knowing I had so many more to go. But hey at least I was keeping busy and not thinking about my family. I had sweat going down my forehead and I used a rag to wipe it away. For being in space, it was incredibly hot in here. I had to change to shorts and a tank top keep myself from passing out from a heat stroke. I swear whoever is in charge of the vents in here should be fired.

"Hey!" I heard Adams cheerful voice fill the room just as I was finished putting my hair up in a bun.

I turned to him and smiled, "Hey what do you have there?" I walked towards him and gestured towards the bag in his hand.

"You have a really bad habit of forgetting to eat so I figured I'd bring you lunch." He handed it to me with a smile and I saw his eyes trail my body but he tried hiding it. Little do men know that us girls notice it everytime.

"Thank you," I grabbed it from him just as my stomach growled, "Perfect timing." I opened the bag and sat cross-legged on the floor.

He began to fan his shirt, "Why is it so hot in here?" He asked as he took off the extra layer of clothing head over his torso so now he only had on a tight undershirt that showed off his toned muscles. I looked for a second before looking away, I am a woman after all.

I rolled my eyes, "I don't know." I took a bite of the sandwich he brought me that surprisingly didn't taste terrible, "I'm thinking it's broken or something."

He sat down next to me, "How far have you gotten?" He asked as he looked to the ships behind me.

I scoffed, "Four, not including the one I did yesterday. There's still dozens to go."

"More like hundreds." He chuckled and my eyes widened as I looked behind me.

"That's not hundreds?" I scanned around, there had to be a little over eighty TOPS.

"In here, but I heard that once these are done, Vader is switching them out with more." He looked to me with an 'I'm sorry' look, "He's requested more weapons too, so we both got our work cut out for us."

I groaned as I laid back on the metal floor, enjoying the coldness of it, "Yeah but you have help, I have to do it alone."

"Coming from the girl who told me this morning that she prefers working alone." He chuckled as he laid next to me. I was staring up at the ceiling but I could feel his gaze on the side of my face.

"I change my mind." I scrunched my face with a laugh as I turned my head to meet his gaze. His green eyes were looking at me intently.

"You're beautiful you know that?" He smiled sweetly as he flirted. I could tell he had a crush on me from the beginning. I was flattered, but relationships, love, all of that was the last thing I wanted. It's not just working alone that I prefer, it's being alone in general. Anytime I let someone in they leave or die. It's best not to allow attachments, I have a lesser chance of being disappointed.

He started to lean close to me and before I could stop him, someone else did, "Am I interrupting something?" An annoyed voice filled the room and we both shot up quickly and we were met with Vader who was standing in front of us with his arms crossed. His eyes narrowed at Adam, "Don't you have somewhere else to be?" (GIF ABOVE)

Adam stood up quickly as he grabbed the shirt he had taken off, "Yes my Lord." Vader's eyes never left him once as the man smiled awkwardly at me before leaving the room.

Then his eyes met mine as I was innocently taking a bite from my sandwich, "Why are you half naked?" He asked in an irritated tone as he eyed my tank top and shorts.