26-Can I See It

(Fact before reading this chapter: When the Jedi Order was exterminated by order of Darth Sidious, the new Galactic Empire occupied Ilum and began excavating it for its vast supply of kyber crystals, which were to be used in the construction of the Death Star. The over-mining of the planet caused its core, and later a massive Imperial Trench, to open up along Ilum's equator.)
-For this story that is not the case: Ilum is abandoned now that there are no more Jedi. The Death Star has received its Kyber crystal collection from the planet of Christophsis. All of them were used to power the Death Star, which is why Vader didn't just grab her one in case you're wondering that.
-Just wanted to clarify this so that no one becomes confused. ♥️

(y/n)'s POV
The ship landed on the ice planet, I still had no idea why we were here. I meant to ask him last night but we got a little preoccupied, "Ana-" He cut me off when he shot me a glare, oops I forgot Piett was here for a second, "Vader, why are we here?" I asked as he pressed the button to lower the ramp. The icy air hit my cheeks and I wrapped my arms around myself. I had on a big jacket as well, but the air was so cold that I could feel it seeping through the fabric.

He took off his cloak and placed it over me, "I'm getting you a crystal, but I'm letting you choose which one you want." He informed me and I smiled at him for his sweet gesture, "Come on." He walked down the ramp and both Piett and I followed behind him.

The second we stepped onto the icy ground Pietts teeth started chattering, poor guy. We walked silently behind Anakin until we reached the entrance of a cave, "Um I think I'll stay out here, keep watch." Piett broke the silence when he eyed the cave with slight discomfort.

Anakin turned to face him, "Fine with me, but keep an eye out for the Gorgodons."

"I'm sorry the what now?" He raised his brows and his eyes widened slightly as he looked at his boss.

The corner of Anakin's mouth twitched, like he wanted to smile, "You know the Gorgodons, the native species of this planet. They're big, gray, furry, carnivores creatures," He eyed Piett up and down, "You're pretty bony though, so you should be fine." He shrugged before turning his attention back to the cave, his face twisted into a smile. I shook my head, why does he have to tease him like this.

Piett clapped his hands together, "You know, on second thought. I'd love to join you."

"Good choice." I patted his shoulder and we all walked into the cave together.

I stood in awe as I looked around the ice cave. Blue ice crystals were shining all around the room, I wasn't used to a view like this. It was beautiful.

"You're beautiful." I felt a warm kiss on my cheek which broke me out of my trance. I looked up to Anakin and blushed. He smiled down at me, "Come on." He grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me deeper in the cave. Piett followed closely behind us.

We stopped at a patch of ice on the wall, it looked different that the rest of its surroundings. He was eyeing it, like he was lost in a memory, "You alright?" I asked and he looked away from the wall to meet my eyes.

Anakin's/Vader's POV
Flashback
"I'm scared Master." I looked at the cave entrance with fear in my eyes. I was going to have to go in there alone. I didn't have the chance to come with the other younglings and Master Yoda. So Obi-Wan had to bring me himself.

He knelt down to my eye level, "It's alright to be afraid, but you'll do just fine Anakin. I have complete faith in you." He pressed a hand on my shoulder to ease my worry. It only worked a little. I was afraid I wouldn't find it in time and I'd be stuck in there.