62-Temporary

༻✦༺

Anakin's/Vader's POV
I sat there holding my knees up to my chest as I screamed my heart broken sobs, my eyes never left hers. I completely failed her. I told her I'd keep her safe and now look, my nightmare became a harsh reality and I could feel myself slowly plummeting into a never ending darkness.

I finally crawled over to her and grabbed ahold of her ice cold body; my tears streamed down my cheeks and landed on hers so they could slide down and fall into the grass, creating a damp ring in the dirt, "I'm so sorry baby, please forgive me; I'm so sorry." I hugged her tight as I let out my screams into her shoulder, "(y/n)!"

I rocked her body back and forth, never letting my grip loosen, I didn't want to let her go. I wanted to hold her like this forever until it is my heart that stops beating. That is what I would prefer, I would trade places with her if I could, a beautiful soul like hers deserves to thrive in life.

"Anakin." I heard Obi-Wan call from behind.

"Where were you!" I yelled at him, wanting to blame every single person for my own failure.

"Sky-" Ahsokas voice came through next and I shot my head up to look at her; causing her speaking to abruptly stop.

I glared at her, "Where were you both! You were supposed to watch her and watch him, how did you not see that he was coming here!"

"Listen to us you must." Yoda's voice was heard now from where theirs was coming from.

"No!" I looked away from them and hugged my wife to me once more, wanting to smell her sweet scent until it faded away forever, oddly she didn't smell like herself, "Just get the fuck away from me," I whimpered.

"Skywalker-"

"If you don't leave Yoda I'll kill you," I threatened him without looking up, "Or why don't you kill me?" I asked with a humorless chuckle, "I don't care anymore, I've already lost everything that matters."

"No you didn't!" Obi-Wan shouted and I shot my head up to glare hatefully at him, I was visibly shaking with anger; the dark side once again was clouding my judgement; blackening my very soul and all I blamed was them, "He's in your mind Anakin, look at the body again."

I knitted my brows in confusion and also irritation, "Wha-"

"Look with a clear a mind." Ahsoka stepped closer to me with concerned eyes while she pointed to the body in my arms, "Thats not (y/n)."

I blinked rapidly as I looked down to (y/n) once more, only to see that Ahsoka was right, it wasn't her at all, "What?" I pushed the changeling out of my arms and back into the grass where I found them, "I don't understand, why did I-" The feeling of dread washed away from my body, my blackened soul was diminishing slowly once I realized that if this wasn't (y/n), she could still be alive.

"Sidious was messing with your head, (y/n) is still very much alive." She informed me and I stood up quickly as I wiped the tears from under my eyes, hope began to coarse through my veins like an addictive drug, "I don't understand why though, he was about to kill her; but he changed his mind and took her with him." She sighed, "I'm so sorry that we couldn't come to you sooner, the force is unstable right now; we're having a difficult time moving from place to place." Obi-Wan nodded in agreement.

I waved my hand to let them know it was okay, I was angry and filled with so much loathing only moments ago, but that was only because I thought the love of my life was dead in my arms. But the thought of her being alive was enough to pull me back out, my beacon of light is still shining.