46-My Angel

(y/n)'s POV
I smiled at the sight in front of me, "Welcome home." Anakin kissed me on the cheek as he hugged me from behind. I gazed upon the familiar planet of Naboo. Oh how much I've missed it; The beautiful trees that flowed in the wind, the green fields of grass that were filled with colorful patches of flowers, and the crystal clear lakes that shined when the sun danced along the water. It's a much better sight than the cold plain metal I see everyday, or the dark hole of space.

But still, even the beauty of Naboo doesn't compare to the most beautiful sight of all, my fiancé, as cheesy as that sounds. I turned around in his hold so I could face him, "Not that I'm not excited to be here, I am, but why are we here?" I asked with a curious tone as I gazed up into his eyes.

He smiled down at me, "We're here because these past few weeks, I've only seen you frown. So, I wanted to give you a reason to smile." He held his gloved hand to my cheek and kissed me softly before breaking away, "I made plans for us for today and don't ask me what they are, its a surprise," He gently poked my nose causing me to smile, he knew me so well, I was just about to ask what the plans were, "But before we get to that, is there anywhere in particular that you would like to go?" He asked as he caressed my cheek with the back of his gloved index finger.

I thought for a moment, and there is one place I do want to go, "I want to go to my brothers grave."

~*~•~*~

"There isn't even a body you know." I spoke to Anakin softly as I ran my fingers along my brothers headstone, "I never got it back, so this is just a hunk of cement on top of an empty patch of dirt." I sighed, wishing I knew what really happened to him.

He sat right next to me and reached out to feel the rough stone just as I was, his fingers brushed near mine, "Then why have one?"

I shrugged as I dropped my hand down onto the grass, "I guess I just wanted a place to grieve him, even though this is only the third time I've been here. I went to the Death Star barely a week after I got news of his death," I was picking the grass as I spoke and Anakin was watching me curiously. Although I'm sure he knows some things about me from recent thoughts, I've hardly talked about my past, "The same day I got the letter, was the day a battle broke out where I lived and my home was destroyed, I barely made it out in time. But then I needed somewhere to go and fast, so off to the Death Star I went." I smiled, as traumatic as the whole experience was, it was still the best decision I ever made, "The week I spent homeless, I slept near the lake. It was cold but I enjoyed watching the small waves, they put me to sleep easily."

His hand reached over to mine and he squeezed it, "I'm sorry."

I looked up to him with a small smile, "It's not your fault." I leaned down so I could rest my head on his shoulder.

He sighed, "It might as well be," He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and held me, "Tell me more, what about your parents; what happened to them?"

"Well, my mom died giving birth to my brother and I, so I never got the chance to know her. But from stories my dad had told us, she sounded like an amazing woman." I smiled to myself, he always told me that I looked just like her too.

"If she was anything like you, I have no doubt that she was amazing." He squeezed me tighter and I let out a little giggle.

"That's sweet," I lifted my head up to kiss his cheek before resting it back down, "And then my dad died in a speeder crash when we were sixteen. Then it was just Noah and I, up until he decided to leave." I gazed back on his headstone.