55-The Chosen One

(I recommend starting the song at 4:25 on top for this chapter💕)

Anakin's/Vader's POV
I gazed up at my deceased mentor and accepted his hand. He pulled me to my feet and I eyed him in bewilderment while he held a small smile on his face, "I-I don't understand," I looked around the empty training room,"What's happening; am I dead?" I questioned with a slight panic as my gaze met his once more. I can't be.. I can't leave (y/n), what if she really does remarry? Oh fuck, I'm gonna be sick.

He shook his head with a heavy sigh, "You were close to it, but no, you are still very much alive." I let out a sigh of relief as he placed a hand on my shoulder; his touch felt so real, none of this felt like a dream, it felt like reality.

"Are you really you; or am I dreaming?" I asked with uncertainty as I kept my eyes locked onto his. The image of the light leaving them filled my mind and I felt my heart twist into a painful sense of guilt.

He let out a soft chuckle."Both."

Water started to form in my eyes, I can't believe this was really him. Even as a force ghost, I didn't think I'd ever actually see him again, "Obi-Wan, I'm so sor-"

He put his other hand up to stop me, "Please, there is no need for you to apologize to me. I'm not mad at you at Anakin, I have no right to be mad; if anything, I deserved it." He shrugged with a sad sigh as he dropped his hand down from my shoulder.

I shook my head as the tears broke through and  created a stream down my cheeks, "No, no you didn't deserve to die." He had caused me a lot pain, and even though I shouldn't; I still love him. I wanted him alive again, I wanted him to be here so we could somehow make this right; he was the only real father figure I ever had. I hated myself for what I did to him, I missed him so much.

He reached a hand forward and wiped one of my tears away, "No, I did, for not being there for you when you truly needed me most. I just hope that one day you will be able to forgive me." He sighed, "Let me show you something."

He waved his hand and the setting completely changed. I recognized this room, this was the Chancellors office, "I already said no Master Kenobi, he needs time to work through his own emotions." Palpatine shrugged as he leaned back on his chair.

Obi-Wan slammed his hands on the desk, rage flashing through his features, "Why do you get a say in this?" He shouted, "He is my brother, my child even; I raised him, not you and he's not yours. You need to let me see him!" He yelled in a fit of anger.

Palpatine chuckled darkly, "If you don't control yourself, I just might have you locked away too." He smiled in a way that I was always used to seeing. It was sinister and it held a deeper meaning to it than what you see.

Obi-Wan shook his head with disbelief, rage clear in his features, "He doesn't belong there, please let me take him out. He won't be a threat to anyone, I'll take him and we'll leave Coruscant."

Palpatine shook his head; still holding that same sinister smile, "He's not going anywhere. Now get out before I call security. And if you so much as go near his cell again, there will be dire consequences Kenobi."

The scene blurred away and I balled my hands up into fists, "How could I have been so stupid to think that he was the better choice?"