7-Birthday

It's been two weeks since the incident. My wrist was now almost healed thanks to nurse Adam and I haven't seen Lord Vader since then. In fact he hasn't even been on the Death Star. He left that next morning and no one knows where he went, except Admiral Tarkin of course.

If I'm being honest, I'm glad he wasn't here. The way he grabbed me and shoved me to the floor roughly plays in my mind often. I remember the pain that surged through me when I landed on my wrist, and worst of all, the way he yelled at me, causing the lights to flicker was absolutely terrifying.

He had been drinking that night which made him slightly vulnerable, that's the only reason he allowed me to kiss him for that short time. I was also in a vulnerable position after just experiencing that nightmare and there was alcohol still in my system. All I know, is that whole kiss was a mistake.

Force I wish I never did it. How stupid could I be? I allowed my womanly desires to get in the way of my logical thinking and I went ahead and made-out with the most feared man in the galaxy. I'd be lying if I said it didn't feel good, but that wasn't something that was ever going to happen again. I was too scared to get close to him again, what would he do next time? Throw me off the whole station into space? Yeah, no thank you. I choose life.

I've been slower on getting the TIE-fighters done thanks to my wrist but Adam has been helping like he did before which made everything so much easier for me. We finished them after a little over a week and a half and since then I've only been given simple tasks like small fixes on them after they've been in a battle or a few droids.

That brings us here to today and the special thing about today is that it's my 22nd birthday. No one knows it though and I don't plan to tell them. Knowing Adam he would try throwing me a whole ass party in the hangar which I'm pretty sure that's not something Tarkin would be okay with.

The reason I don't want to tell anyone is mainly due to it not just being my birthday, but Noah's birthday as well. He was my twin. So celebrating life and birth is the last thing I wanted to do, since he no longer had his. I'd rather wallow in self pity in my room with my own personal bottle of alcohol that I may or may not have stolen from Tarkin's office. Not like he'd miss it, the man is hardly ever in there anyway. Plus he had like five more. Alcoholic.

Not like I'm one to talk, I was slowly turning into one.

I was taking small sips from the bottle as I was reading letters from Noah, ones he sent me when he was off fighting in the war.

Stupidest decision he ever made.

I was taken out of my thoughts when there was a knock at my door. I stood up and quickly put the bottle in my bathroom, just in case it's someone who might tell.

I opened the door to reveal Adam with a little box in his hand. "What is that?" I asked as I eyed it, it was pink with a little blue bow on it.

"I assume you have a good reason for not telling anyone it's your birthday so I decided to give you this in private." He smiled as he handed me the box.

I narrowed my eyes at him as I accepted it, "How did you know it was my birthday?" I questioned with curiosity.

"I may have seen your file." He chuckled nervously, "Open it."

I sighed as I opened the box to reveal..a rock. "You got me a rock?" I asked as I looked up to him confused.

He laughed, "It's not a rock it's a kyber crystal from christophsis."

My mouth formed an 'O' "Oh I've heard of these," I picked it up from out of the box and twisted it in my fingers, causing the blue of it to sparkle in the light, "I thought they only belonged to Jedi."