8-Death Of Me

It was the day after my birthday and I was sitting in the cafeteria with Adam and we were currently eating dinner. He was talking about, something, I don't know what it is to be honest, my mind was somewhere else. I kept thinking of Vader, I had my fingers on the little bell around my neck and I twisted it causing it ding every once in awhile. I enjoyed the sound of it.

"You're not listening at all are you?" Adam snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked up to see his slightly annoyed but playful grin.

I sighed, "I'm so sorry, my mind was completely somewhere else." I dropped my hand from my necklace and took a bite of my bitter food.

"I could tell," He chuckled as he took a bite out of his bread, "Does it have anything to do with who gave you that?" He pointed towards my necklace.

Yes.

"No," I lied, "I was thinking of something Tarkin asked me to do."

He gave me a look that said 'I don't believe you' but he didn't pry any further, "So how's your wrist feeling?" He asked taking a sip of his water.

"It doesn't really hurt anymore." I admitted as I wiggled it around, there was only a slight pain but nothing I couldn't handle.

"Good, you should be able take off the cast tomorrow." He used a napkin to wipe his face and hands and he threw it on top of his tray, signaling he was finished.

I smiled happily, "Finally, I hate this stupid thing, it's been making me work slow. I'm surprised Tarkin hasn't yelled at me for how long I've been taking on, 'simple tasks', as he likes to call them."

"But you've always worked slow." He teased and I picked up a piece of my bread and tossed it at him causing him to chuckle.

"Jerk," I chuckled as I stood up and grabbed my tray, "I'm turning in for the night."

"Me too." He stood up as well and grabbed his tray before holding his hand out for mine, "I'll throw it away for you."

I smiled as I handed him my tray, "Has anyone ever told you that you're too nice?"

"Once or twice." He winked as he walked away towards the trash can. I waited by the door for him and we both stepped out together and made our way down the hallways to our rooms. "Are you ever gonna tell me who gave that to you?" He began asking about my necklace again, last night he bugged me for almost an entire hour about it but I didn't budge. I knew it was his crush and jealousy that was leading him to be so persistent.

"Nope." I responded as we turned a corner.

He groaned, "Why can't you tell me?" He slightly whined.

"Why do you need to know?" I asked in an annoyed.

"Well I would like to know who my competition is." He nudged my shoulder playfully.

I rolled my eyes as I reached my room, "Goodnight Adam." I ignored his comment and pushed in my code causing the door to open.

"I'll find out eventually." He smirked, "Goodnight beautiful." He winked and turned away towards his room.

I sighed as I closed the door and locked it. That man is so confident I'm going to magically fall for him. Sure he has a nice body and a nice face but none of it compares to.. I sighed again not wanting to think of the name of the man who's probably just going to be the death of me.

I hopped in my shower to wash away the sweat from the day and to clean my greasy hair. The warm water felt good and I closed my eyes as I enjoyed the warmth of it on my skin.