19-The Box

Doc's POV
"Commander, please be more reasonable." I tried arguing with his decision. I just didn't think this plans of his would work.

He sighed and stopped in his place before turning around to face me, "Look, I don't want to kidnap an innocent girl. That's who she is to me, innocent. That is going to be a last resort. For now, this is what we're doing and I'm sorry you do not agree," He rubbed his temples in frustration, "Our quarrel is with Vader, not her, so that's who we're going after." He turned away from me but I kept following him.

"I don't mean to argue with you sir but this plan has too many risks." There are so many ways it can go wrong. I heard Vader can read minds, how is this not something he will see coming?

He sighed again, "I know, but I've had someone training for this already for awhile, I'm sure she will slip through just fine." He spoke with slight confidence but I could still hear the worry in his voice.

Vader's POV
I couldn't sleep.

So I decided to watch her instead. I watched as her chest lifted and dropped with every breathe that she took. I watched as her lips slightly parted as she dreamed. I admired the way her (y/h/c) hair rested on the silk pillows and the way the stars outside shined a light in that illuminated her features. She was so beautiful.

She's been in here with me every night this week.  I just can't seem to get enough of her. I reached my hand over and I gently caressed her cheek, "I'd burn this entire galaxy before I let anything happen to you." I whispered, trying not to wake her up.

"That's unnecessary." She mumbled as she opened her eyes to meet mine.

Well it appears I failed at not waking her up.

I chuckled, "I think it's extremely necessary." I grabbed onto her and pulled her so she could lay on my chest, "I love you and I don't want anything to happen to you." I sighed as I brushed her hair. I can never get the fear out of my mind that she's going to end up dead because of me. But I've tried staying away and it just doesn't seem to work.

She lifted herself so she could look into my eyes again, "I love you too Anakin," She smiled and my stomach got butterflies when she said my name, my real name, "But you have to stop worrying about things like that, you need to enjoy the moments we do have and not let them pass by because you're so caught up in your fears." She spoke like she knew I'd be her end as well.

I squeezed her tightly, "When did you get so smart?" I teased and she let out a giggle.

"I've always been smart, smarter than you even." She pressed her finger to my nose playfully.

I cupped her face with my mechanical hand, "I know you are." I brought my face down and pressed my lips to hers. The warm feeling she gives me spread throughout my body, Everytime I had her in my arms is when I felt human.

I assumed Palpatine stripped me of all of it. But this girl proved me wrong. She brings out things in me that I thought were lost forever.

She broke away from the kiss and yawned, "Alright I'll let you sleep." I brought her head down so she could rest on me. She lifted her arm and wrapped it my stomach so she could hug me tightly.

"Goodnight Ani."

I smiled at the nickname and laid my head back on the pillow, "Goodnight (y/n)."

(y/n)'s POV
I didn't have much to do today so once again it was like a day off. I spent it in the Hangar making something for Anakin. He got me a gift for my birthday and now I just want to give him something in return.

I don't know his birthday and he won't tell it to me either, so I'm just giving this to him for the hell of it and he'll have no choice but to accept it.