Prep time

Chapter 74:

Prep time

The girls were beat. They'd emerged victorious in the match against Kamiya. They were now discussing flopping down as soon as they got the opportunity to do so.

"Akira-san...." said Sora rising.

"Tell me kouhai." said Honami. "Did you 'forget' we have a strategy meeting now? You too Akira."

Sora turned and saw that Akira had also risen to leave. They were both guilty of a bad memory. They stared guiltily at Honami.

"Actually senpai...." said Sora. "I was..... going to fetch that juice bottle in the corner."

"Hey, I was going to do that!" said Akira quickly.

"I was going to fetch it for you....." said Sora patiently while inside screaming, 'Idiot! Learn to lie first!'

"Eh, is it? But I wonder, do you always pack up like this before small tasks? You're carrying your bags you know...." said Honami.

Both Sora and Akira gulped.

Luckily, they were saved by coach's arrival. She had gone to the front desk to enquire who they would be facing for the finals. The team gathered around.

"Komagi junior high." annouced coach. "We'll be facing them in the finals."

Everyone looked at each other. None of them could recall the games of Komagi junior high. They had done a good deal of groundwork on their own block, but they hadn't extended that effort to the other blocks. Luckily, coach had anticipated that. She had made a few calls and made copies of one of their most important games. She now distributed the CDs to the team members.

"I want everyone to watch this. Especially the starting members. That is all for now. Just arrrive a bit early to discuss strategies."

**************

"You okay Akira?" said Aomine scrutinizing her face.

"Aho! Why wouldn't I be?"

"Akira-san, you do look a bit restless...." supplied Kuroko.

"A bit? You look like you've swallowed an expresso machine." said Sora curiously. "Anything up?"

"Tomorrow's the finals! I dunno.... I just can't..... be calm....." said Akira.

Sora shook her head. "You know either way we'll be playing tomorrow. For good or bad. It'll be fine! Probably....."

"Is it, Himeji? Then why are your own hands in your pocket?" said Akashi.

"Maybe she has her lucky item." said Midorima. "Penknife, nanodayo."

"Thank you, Midorima-san!" said Sora.

"Eh.... That might make sense if she actually has something like that."

"Quiet, Akashi-san. I have a very useful lucky item....."

"Interesting. Go right ahead...."

"You know, we have the finals tomorrow and all you people can think of is penknifes?" demanded Akira.

Sora sighed. "Akira-san. You're freaked out I guess. Why don't I drop you? We'll also watch the CD together if you want....."

"......thank you."