Dreamcatcher

Chapter 27:

Dreamcatcher

"Midorima-san, what exactly is that..." said Sora.

"It's a dreamcatcher, nanodayo."

"Well, in short, this will sorta give you good dreams I suppose..." said Akira in response to Sora's confused look.

"And what do you propose to do with it Midorima? Hang it at the entrance?" said Akashi with an air of mock curiosity.

"Today there's a double math period, nanodayo..."

"So?"

"Sensei is going to take trig, nanodayo..."

"Ohkay... I see where you are going..."

"It's the lucky item for Sagittarius today, so you can't complain, nanodayo."

Akashi shook his head while Akira muttered "Makes sense..."

"Akira-san, I thought you liked trig..."

"Yeah. Sometimes. But I usually can't stand it in class somehow..."

"But..."

"It never hurts to take precautions, nanodayo."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Takehashi sensei seemed to be doing his best. But boring was boring. Akira found herself slowly nodding off...

What the! Was this the friggin Colosseum? More importantly... Why was a basketball court in the middle of it... And what the hell was she doing in the friggin colossium! Akira's head swam.

"...cheer for our brave warriors!" Oro? Was that Sora's voice? The crowd was screaming. Oh, she was compering is it... Wait! What was going on?

"...In the ultimate one on one face off! Who will win and receive the golden basketball?!"

Two people carried an enormous golden orb. Wow.

"Now that you've seen the reward, let's see the first contenders for this trophy and the great honour of being the champion!"

Contenders?

"First up! Aomine Daiki! This relentless power forward is quick as lightning and powerful as a tiger!"

Hmm... Not a bad intro for that aho.

"And as his opponent... Tamotsu Akira! Not to be taken lightly, this female has shown an unyielding tenacity and strong will, which can only be undermined by her love for basketball! Also a power forward, she can also be compared to a raging bull! Competitors, please step forward!"

The only thought in Akira's head was 'Who? Me?'. Aomine on the other hand, had started waving to the crowd. He was dressed from head to toe in mail.

'Who on earth plays basketball like this...' thought Akira to herself. To her surprise, she looked down and found herself in the same get-up. So cool costumes didn't pose the same problems as they did in real life eh...

Both of them stepped onto the court. A guy dressed in a toga brought a steel ball approximately the size of a basketball. Akira guessed it was the same case as the clothes so she wouldn't have a problem.

"The first to ten is the winner! My the best player be victorious!" said Sora. The crowd's cheering increased tremendously.

And then the tip off!

Aomine got the ball first and made a dunk lightning quick. The crowd screamed like mad.

"Two to Aomine!"

Akira managed to make a hook shoot.

"Two all!"

But it turned out Aomine had just been warming up. He made the next two shots effortlessly.

"Seven on two with Aomine's three!"

Now Akira was desperate. Aomine had the ball again and was going to make a dunk.

Akira as if she was possessed went into position.

"Bankai!"

(Note: Bankai is an attack move from Bleach)

The paramedics rushed up to Aomine. After checking him one of them shook his head.

"Aomine is out! The win goes to Tamotsu Akira!"

"Yes! Victory!" said Akira holding up her hands as people swarmed towards her...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tamotsu-San would you care to tell the class more about it?"

Uh oh... It was Takehashi sensei... Akira had accidentally slipped out of her seat.

"Umm... About what sensei?"

"Your 'victory'. Judging by the situation, it probably wasn't over math..."

"Umm... No."

"Please refrain from this in the future..."

"Yes!"

He then went back to the board.

After a few seconds a note reached Akira. It was from Midorima.

*Was my dream catcher effective? I did tell you at the start, nanodayo.*

Akira turned and shot him a frigid glare. And then Sora leaned towards her.

"Bankai?" she asked with a chuckle.

"Did I actually say that?"

"That and much more..."

"You know... I'll tell you guys about it during lunch... It was awesome..."