Second term

Chapter 20:

Second term

"Morning Sora-chan!"

"Morning!"

"Sup, Sora-chan?"

"Ah, nothing as of now... You? Enjoyed the term hols?"

Term holidays had just ended. Second term had begun!

Sora stood in front of the notice board near her class. She breathed a sigh of relief and smiled. So she had done the tests well after all.

"Morning, Sora-chan."

"Oh! Satsuki-san. Long time no see! How did you do?"

"My scores are here," said Satsuki pointing it out, "You've done well, Sora-san! As expected."

"Thanks!" said Sora with a smile, "What about the others?"

"Oh, they've done well. Nothing to be worried about. Everyone in both teams passed. Though that aho here cut it a bit close..." said Satsuki scrutinizing Aomine's results, "I'm going to be a bit more vigilant next time. Although he is a bit hard to catch--"

Sora bit her lip. "Satsuki-san, can you keep a secret? Between girls--"

"Sure!"

"Aomine hides near the football court whenever he doesn't want you to find him. He knows you'll look on the roof so--"

Satsuki winked. "Understood!"

Satsuki turned to go but suddenly she remembered something. "Nae, Sora-chan, have you ever wondered... The girls' team as of now has only one third year and a few first years right?"

"Yeah..." Sora began and then wrinkled her forehead. "I assumed... Well.. We had a lot of drop-outs among the first years. Now there's only six of us left anyway. I guessed no one was interested. But it's definitely weird..."

Satsuki shook her head. "Apparently there are two second years on the team. They went to another school for a sort of exchange programme. They'll be joining you this term," and then she pouted. "Even I heard about this just now."

Sora chucked. "Thanks for telling me, Satsuki-san."

"No probs! And I think I can get their stats for you if you want--"

"I don't think that will be necessary....."

Satsuki left and Sora turned her attention back to the board. She was tracking down Akira's scores when she heard a loud 'Tcha!' from behind. She turned to see Nijimura-senpai coming out of Aomine's class with an extremely irritated expression. He spotted Sora. "Kouhai, have you seen Aomine or Haizaki?"

Sora shook her head. "They usually come just in time--"

Nijimura muttered something which sounded vaguely like 'team' , 'endanger' and 'dead'. "Umm.... senpai, they passed the mark if that's what you are worried about..." said Sora pointing at their results.

Nijimura took a look at it and seemed visibly relieved. "Anyway, ask them to report to me if you see one of them, kouhai."

"Sure."

Sora was then distracted by Akira who had just arrived. "Yo, Sora-chan! How are you? But wait... Is that those damn test scores behind you?"

Sora nodded with an amused expression and pointed out Akira's scores.

"Ah, I knew I messed up... What about you? Where are you placed?"

"Your scores are not that bad, Akira-san."

"Answer the question!"

Sora held up two fingers.

"Second place?! You traitor!" said Akira feigning horror and playfully punching Sora on the shoulder.

"Oh, but more importantly, Akira-san, looks like there are two other players on our team," Sora repeated everything Satsuki had told her.

"How do you think they'll be..." mused Akira.

"I wonder..."

"Shall we challenge them now? Two-on-two."

"Akira-san! Not on the first day itself! But that's not a bad idea for the future..."