Writing

Chapter 19:

Writing

Their final exam was science. Akira had completed everything except the MCQs. She looked around her.

Sora seemed to be in a tough spot for the moment. She had been writing feverishly since the exam began. But now she had paused and was muttering to herself. Then she suddenly gave a silent chuckle and continued writing. Akira sighed. So all that studying had driven her mad after all.

All the classes were made to sit in the same room for the exam. So Akira could see Satsuki sitting a few benches ahead of her. Satsuki was leaning her head on one hand and writing with a smile.

Midorima, Akashi and Kuroko seemed to be doing quite well too. Akira continued to look around. Murasakibara seemed to be going slow but steadily. Akira couldn't help staring at him. This was one of the few rare occasions in which he didn't have anything in his mouth.

Aomine seemed to be deriving inspiration from the ceiling. Every ten minutes he would lean back and look up then he would suddenly attack his paper again. Haizaki too didn't seem to be in too much trouble.

Akira shook herself. She had to get on with her own paper. The M.C.Qs which she had saved for the end were really hard and she had no idea where they were from... The time to deploy the greatest weapon in her arsenal had come.

Akira took out the pencil Midorima had bought for everyone. She prayed and started to roll it. One time when she took it up to roll it, her homeroom teacher, Sunako-sensei, who was invigilating, caught her doing it. Akira jerked and desperately tried to pretend that she was merely admiring the pencil. Luckily, sensei just rolled her eyes and walked away. Akira breathed a sigh of relief. That was so damn close.

It was five minutes till the end of the exam. Everyone who had finished pushed back their chairs and breathed their relief. Akira was finishing the last M.C.Qs. For the last question, she rolled the pencil with a special flourish.

The bell rang. Finally! All done!