Lineup

Chapter 76:

Lineup

Komagi had already lined up.

Sora watched Honami as they walked into the court. This was one of the moments where she really admired her. With a match like this, the pressure on the captain was probably tremendous. But Honami looked so confident. Nothing in her manner betrayed whatever she felt outside.

The team was restless. Time to get this over with.

Sora had watched the tape with Akira the previous day. Komagi's play was strange. There was no other way to describe it.

Both of them had come up with counters. But for some reason, Sora couldn't shake off her feeling of unease.

Sora lined up before the one she would be marking. Number 4. Sora could tell she was a talker from the videos. This was probably going to be another long one.

Akira was marking number 6. She was positively staring at her mark. Sora prayed that they wouldn't have a foul in the first quarter itself.

For one thing, Komagi had probably suffered the most number of fouls in the tournament. For that, Sora was sorry for them.

But they didn't look like the sort of people who got pushed around. Maybe they had been facing unusually aggressive teams till now.... Sora's sense of mistrust was back again. The odds of that happening.... Sora shook herself free of her thoughts and brought them back to the game.

Sora glanced at Akira. Akira gave her a slight thumbs up. Sora returned the gesture.

"Eh...." said number 4. "Looks like we have a set here. Makes it all the more interesting to break."

Number 4(pg) seemed to be addressing number 8(c) but Sora had this uneasy feeling. Her hand twitched unreasonably with a desire to hit something. Her unease was confirmed.

Just then the referee blew the whistle.

Tip off!