Fireworks and farewell

Author's note #4:

(23/1/15)

Chapter 50?! To be honest, I didn't think I'd be writing so far and so frequently. Although now, the whole story has now reached huge proportions in my mind.... Thank you everyone for your support and I hope you continue to enjoy this story. Now let's all sit back and write fanfiction while we wait for the next chapter of the extra game......

********************

Chapter 50:

Fireworks and farewell

Sora was inspecting the carefully trimmed bonsai plants. The place she was standing in had a lot of intricate inscriptions and paintings. She had spent a good part of an hour examining them. The others meanwhile were in their own worlds of fantasy. Each of them were drawn to atleast one painting.

Sora had finished her inspection. Were those bells? Could it be..... Kagura? Sora had never seen Kagura before. She left the room and walked in the direction of the sound. To her utter disappointment, it was just a chime. (Note: Kagura is a ritual dance.)

A hand closed like a vice around her arm. Sora didn't even have to think twice about who it was.

"Have you people gone out of your minds? Five minutes ago, I had to herd Aomine and Murasakibara. And now you. Have you ever heard of the term 'stick together as a group'?" said Akashi.

"Yes oka, I vaguely remember hearing that somewhere. And besides, the shrine is full of our classmates. Why are you even worried?"

"Eh? In a shrine this size? Tell me, how many people from our school do you see around you?"

"Five." said Sora. "And I think there's a sixth in the distance. That's plenty enough."

"Not to me." he said dragging her back.

Midorima, Satsuki, Akira and Kuroko were still in the room.

"What's happened to Murasakibara and Aomine?" said Akashi narrowing his eyes.

"I think Murasakibara went to reclaim the snacks he left at the front counter." said Midorima. "And I have no idea whatsoever as to where Aomine is."

Akashi said something under his breath. "After I told them not to! Murasakibara is probably at the front desk now. He won't get what he wants so easily. So he'll be there for a while and will probably be safe. Aomine on the other hand..... We go look for him."

****************************************************

Aomine was standing near a huge gong when they found him.

"You think they'd have the decency to leave the stick lying around here somewhere.... Too bad I can't try it." he said.

"Not to worry, Aomine." said Akashi softly. "I think it might even work with people's heads. Why don't we give it a shot...."

Aomine gulped. "Right..... We weren't supposed to wander...."

***************************************************

As expected Murasakibara was haggling for his food at the counter.

".....i want it! I'm hungry."

"We're really sorry, but people never use the dustbin. Besides, have some respect for a sacred place! You seriously can't...."

Murasakibara was emitting a dangerous aura.

"I said I want food."

Akashi interrupted. "Murasakibara. Found you."

"Aka-chin, they're not giving me my food back. Wait a moment."

"They can't. Don't worry, I think they're selling something inside."

"Ok."

Akashi turned to face the group. "Head count. I'll start. One."

"Akashi...." moaned Aomine. "We're just eight people...."

"Aomine."

"Two." said Aomine meekly.

"Three." said Akira.

"I'm four!." said Satsuki.

"Five." said Murasakibara.

"Six, nanodayo"

"Seven." said Kuroko.

"And with me, the count ends as hundred." said Sora cheerfully.

Akashi chose to ignore it. "Fine. We're all here. Now where to?"

**********************************************************

"Move over Mu-kun!" groaned Akira.

Everyone was waiting for the fireworks display.

"Eh....why am I always in the back just because I'm tall....."

"Mura-san, I'm really sorry but I can't see anything at all. Please?" said Sora. "Oh and Akira-san, move you head a little to the right..."

"Not my fault you're short...."

"Akira!"

"Fine..."

The arguments changed into expressions of delight once the fireworks began.

"This is probably our last hour here."

**********************************************

It was late by the time they reached Teiko.

"I'm beat!" yawned Akira. "I'm going home to a happy reunion with my own pillow. Wish me luck."

Sora was all but asleep on her feet.

"Will you two make it?" asked Satsuki, a bit anxious.

Sora simply yawned. "Probably." muttered Akira.

Aomine jumped down from the bus. "Woah! Back at last. I'm gonna play basketball. Anyone comin'? Race you to the gym..."

"AOMINE! TOMORROW." said everyone in unison.