Second half

Chapter 29:

Second half

Everyone took their positions and the match resumed.

The ball was taken by the center again. She seemed to be really good at this... To everyone's surprise, she did a bounce pass to the point guard who was standing at the half court line. She received it and passed to the shooting guard who scored.

"How did they pull off something like this?" exclaimed Akira.

"More importantly, how did that pass even reach..." muttered Sora.

Next time, Honami senpai took the ball. She managed to get it through to Eru. Eru shot immediately. But the center blocked it.

"What the! Who blocks three pointers?" inquired Akira.

"Eru senpai shot at a lower angle than usual... She was aiming for speed. But still! This is going to be troublesome..." said Sora, "Let's go, Akira!"

This time, Sora received the ball from Honami senpai. She was blocked by the center and used a drive to get around. When she was yet again blocked by the point guard, she passed sideways to Akira. Akira was blocked by the small forward and passed to Sora who had managed to free herself. With a series of rapid back and forth passing, they managed to score.

Chihaya got the ball next. "Come on Eru! The firsties are outdoing us!" Chihaya passed to Eru who made for the center of the half court. The power forward came to intercept her but Chihaya did a screen giving Eru enough time to shoot. It went in!

The ball came to Honami who passed it to Sora. Sora made a drive around the point guard and passed to Eru, who made another shot.

The center managed to get the ball she decided to dribble it herself this time. She found herself being double teamed by Akira and Honami. She passed to the small forward who was free. The small forward passed to the point guard who passed it to the shooting guard. They scored.

"Woah, talk about coordination..." commented Sora.

Both teams continued to go for it with all their might.

It took another fifteen minutes for the game to end.

The final score: 37-50. Teiko won.

"Not bad Honami. You've taught them well!" chuckled the power forward with a wink.

"Hey, you guys gave us a good run... I'm beat."

"Talk about it... Hey, it's nearly lunch. Might as well eat together nearby. I don't think I can walk until I get something to eat."

"Done."