Big day

Chapter 24:

Big day

Sora and Satsuki both had their 'kyaa' face on. Akira found it really ironic. She was the one going out but they were the ones who were actually enjoying. Akira felt as if she was in some drama.

But in a way, Sora and Satsuki had made it just a little better for her. They had picked out her clothes and generally instructed her on what to do. Though Akira did have her suspicious that they got their own fun out of it.

And also Sora had vaguely dropped a hint. Akira felt as if there were some bigger forces which she couldn't comprehend at play here. The best she could do was go with the flow.

Sora and Satsuki separated from her a street away from the restaurant. They would discreetly go ahead and sit in the restaurant. They had agreed to text Akira if they thought something was wrong.

Aomine met her there. They looked at each other awkwardly for a second and then started walking towards the restaurant.

'So this is how a date is...' thought Akira, 'Two people agree to go to the same place together and then ignore each other because of the awkwardness. Looks like something I can live with...'

Akira and Aomine were in fact barely acknowledging each other.

They went and sat at the table which they had reserved earlier. Akira spotted Satsuki and Sora who were sitting at the opposite end. Sora saw her looking and gave a smile.

And then Akira saw Haizaki and Murasakibara. What the hell! Had Teiko as a whole chosen this particular day to eat at this restaurant. Talk about bad luck.

"Umm... Your lucky item of the day happens to be salt..." said Aomine pushing the shaker towards her in a futile attempt to start a conversation and then relapsed into silence. Akira vaguely sensed Midorima's hand in the affair, but she let it pass. Aomine then called one of the waiters. He appeared to be ordering the food. Akira turned to look at Sora helplessly. Sora gestured for her to talk. Akira shook her head stubbornly.

The waiter had left and the awkward silence resumed.