Truth or Dare!

Chapter 16:

Truth or Dare!

Everyone stared at Midorima's pen. They were standing around it in a perfect circle. And then Akashi spun the pen around. This time the first one to get caught was Akira.

"Ask Kuroko-san to sit on the merry-go-round and push it while making train sounds," said Sora.

Akira enthusiastically got down to the task. She even whistled like a train once or twice. Kuroko however was not faring so well.

"Umm... Tamotsu-san... Can you slow down? I can taste the food again--"

Then the pen was spun around again. Aomine was unfortunate enough to get caught. "Pretend to confess to Satsuki," said Haizaki.

"What! No way in hell. Besides why are all your dares like this?"

"Quit whining and do it."

"Oi, satsuki," said Aomine, "'think I like you, blah, blah, blah.... etc, etc, etc. Add whatever you want."

"That wasn't proper Aomine," complained Haizaki.

"That's all you'll get, so shaddup."

Next the pencil came to a stop in Hazaki's direction. "Karma has intervened, nanodayo," said Midorima.

"Shut it, four eyes. What's the dare?"

Aomine gave an evil smile. "Go to the next guy that comes to this park and tell him that you admire him and want to be like him."

"Sure. I hope i get a cute girl--"

"I said guy!"

"--This is no fun."

Some unfortunate blonde happened to pass by. Haizaki went up to him and said, "Yo, loser. I admire and want to be like you... Damn this--"

To everyone's surprise, the blonde took it in stride. "Ah... There's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure you can do that. Someday. But... If you want any advice... I'll definitely help you!" Without noticing Haizaki's stupefied expression, he went on. "Oh and here. This is my card. Anytime! See ya' "

With a dazzling smile he went on his way. Haizaki returned numbly to the group.

"Who the hell is he?" queried Akashi, suppressing a smile.

"Some idiot called Kise Ryota," said Haizaki referring to the card, "He gives me the creeps..."

"Let us forget it and continue, nanodayo," said Midorima giving a stern look at Aomine, who was laughing his head off.

Sora was the next unfortunate person. Akira smiled sadistically. "Go on your knees to the emperor and ask him to forgive you."

"Eh? Forgiveness? Emperor?"

"Akashi-san's the emperor."

Sora looked at. Akira. "No way I'm kneeling."

"Oh, so you won't do it Himeji-san?" chimed in Akashi.

"Just do it, Sora-chan," joined in Satsuki, "I don't want to be the only one who suffered..."

"It's the rules, nanodayo."

"Fine! I'll do it! But what do I ask forgiveness for? You guys be specific..."

"Pretend you were an admiral and lost your troops in battle, nanodayo."

Sora got on her knees. "Akashi-San--"

"Sama." he corrected.

Sora could hear sniggering from behind her. "Sama. Sorry for--"

"Sorry? What be this dialect?"

That finally pushed her. "Forgive me, you grace. I lost your nonexistent troops to an even more nonexistent enemy. I trust you won't be able to punish me, so just forgive me for now."

Now she could her peals of laughter from behind. "Why so?" he asked.

"Because you can give me only one dare for now..."

"Yup. On your feet. It's over."

Then the pencil was spun around again.

"Oh, Murasakibara, it's you."

"Umm... Actually it's me."

"Oh, Kuroko..."

Sora looked around. "Hmm... There's this group coming. Kuroko-kun, use your misdirection to scare them. Make them think you are a ghost."

Kuroko walked up to them as usual and no one noticed him. "Umm... Excuse me? Have you seen my corpse?"

Shrill screams pierced the silence.

"Well that was surprisingly effective."

"Shall we clear the crime scene?"

"Hell yeah..."

The tale of the little boy's ghost became quite popular even at Teiko. But no one knew whose ghost it was. Except nine people.