Extra chapter: Chaperone

Extra chapter:

Chaperone

Note:

This chapter is not connected to the story. This is just a small scenario. A slightly older Akira is forced to look after the gom ( including Sora and Satsuki) who are approximately eight. The thought occurred when Akira had to protect her furniture from the gom in the previous chapter and I though I could elaborate! Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"No way!" said Akira.

"Why not?" said her mom frowning slightly. "It'll give you time away from your PC. Plus, I promised Daiki's mom."

Akira ground her teeth. Daiki was a good kid, albeit with a big mouth. But there was no way she was chaperoning a kids' birthday party.

"No."

"It's final."

-------------

Daiki looked like he had swallowed an entire jug of coffee. He was dressed in his new clothes and totally hyper. This was going to make it all the more harder.

"Thank you for agreeing on such a short notice, Akira," said his mom, "I had an urgent meeting and Daiki has been looking forward to this for weeks! I couldn't even find someone to babysit. I didn't have the heart to cancel the party. Plus he'd already called his friends over." Saying so, she hurriedly departed.

Akira sighed. She'd never agreed to it in the first place. A kid's birthday party, huh...

Yay! Yippee! Damn.

There were only a few things a girl could take, this not being one of them... Still Daiki was like her little brother, and the last thing she wanted to do was to dampen the atmosphere at his birthday party.

Aomine came over. "Akira-nae! Look! My cake! The decorations! The food! My friends are coming over! I have their pictures! I'll show you!" And with the enthusiasm only an eight year old could magically summon he led her over the entire house. Luckily Akira was saved by the doorbell ringing.

A small green-haired guy came with his mom, who smiled at Akira and left. Akira looked at him with interest. On one hand he held a gift-wrapped parcel and on the other he had a pan.

"You bought a pan..." said Akira.

"The pan isn't a gift. It's my lucky item, nanodayo."

Akira wisely refrained from questioning him. After a few minutes, the bell rang again. This time it was two girls. They were shortly followed by a purple-head, a red-head and a blue-head.

'And here I was, thinking that Daiki was the only one with a weird hair-colour.' she thought to herself.

All the children looked at Akira expectantly. She had no idea how to run a birthday party. But as she was the oldest there, it was up to her to call the shots.

"Right. I suppose we cut the cake first," she said. Everyone whooped and rushed over to the table.

"I'll give my present first, nanodayo," said the green-head.

"Not before me. I'll go first!" said the purple-head.

"Aren't you guys forgetting me?" said the red-head. "I'll assume that you left me out when you argued. It's best for you both."

Akira made a mental note to keep the cake-knife out of the red-head's reach.

Everyone sang the birthday song and Akira took the video. It was quite cute. Everyone sang in a range of tones and pitches ranging from the girls' shrill tones to Daiki's base voice. So he had decided to join in the singing of his own birthday song...