Darkness

"What's happening to me?"

"He's coding."

"Who is he? Do they mean me? Why can't I see anything."

"3,2,1, clear!"

"Clear for what? Ahh." I flailed around as a bright light filled the sky for an instant.

"Charging, 3,2,1, clear!"

I flailed around again. "What is going on?" Some light stayed this time as I tried to look around. "Where am I?" It looks like I'm in my old bedroom from at my moms house. "Wait, am I dying? Will I get to see her?"

I pulled myself off the floor and looked around the room. It was definitely my old room. I ran down the hallway and checked my moms room. She wasn't there so I ran to the living room. I didn't see her there. "I'm going crazy, there is no way she'd be here. Why did I get my hopes up?"

"Izuku honey, can you come set the table?"

"Mom?!" I said running into the kitchen and pulling her into a hug. Tears streamed down my face.

"Izuku, let's sit down and eat and we can talk about why I'm here and why you are in between death."

"I'm sorry mom." I got the plates and set them down. My mom handed me my meal. I took a bite. It tasted just like I remembered. A small smile formed on my face.

"I'm glad you like it Izuku. Now, why are you dying?"

I explained what I remembered but it was all a little fuzzy. "I remember Dad-I mean Aizawa was hurt badly and I blacked out after that."

"Is he who has been taking care of you?"

"Yeah. I don't think I've ever called him dad though.."

"Well you will get the chance because my baby isn't dying yet. Fight Izuku and live for me okay?"

"I'll try."

"Izuku wake up and defend me. I'm being picked on!"

"What was that?"

"Sounds like it's time for me to go."

"Mom don't go. I miss you so much."

"I know baby. I love you so much and know I'm always watching out for you."

"I love you so much too."

"Good. Now breath."

"Breath? Have I not been breathing?" I gasped for air realizing that I hadn't."

"NURSEEEE!"

"Is that Hizashi? Never mind that. Why is it weird to breath."

"He's breathing on his own again."

"Whew. I'll just have to keep making sure I'm breathing. Wait mom?" I looked around and she was gone. The room was still dimly lit but still showed no signs of her. "I guess I'm alone again."

"I can't hear any more voices. Weird. If I'm breathing shouldn't I wake up soon? Maybe if close my eyes and open them."

I closed my eyes tight then opened them. Nothing happened. "I'm so stupid thinking that would work. Guess I'll explore."

I walked around nothing being different from what I remembered so I decided to go outside. I walked towards the park I used to play with as a kid with Kacchan. I looked around.

"How long has it been? I feel like the world is getting brighter or maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me."

I walked to the hill I remembered from my childhood, "Kacchan got his quirk here."

The memory started to play. I saw myself get blasted down the hill into the water. I slowly followed watching my body float away. Then I saw Shoto whisk my body to the shore.

"I really miss you guys. I just want to see you. Please."

"We'll be back in a bit Izuku. Rest well nerd."

"No don't leave me Kacchan. Please stay. It's too dark here."

"Wake up soon Izuku. We need you."

"I need you too. Wait, my hands feel warm," the sky starts to lighten, "what's with this tingling I feel on my forehead. It's comforting."

I run. I have no idea where I'm going but I keep going. I make it past the town and realize that I'm heading towards my school. I keep going. It's getting hard to breath but the darkness is fading. "I hope this is the right way to go."

I make it to the school and run into the gate. As I run into the gate my consciousness fades.

"His heart rate is picking up and he seems out of breath." The nurse pulled his eyelids back shining a light into his eyes. Izuku squinted at the light.

"Midoriya, you are safe. Everyone was rescued. You are at a hospital. I need you to take some deep breaths and relax."

Izuku tried to do what he was told. He started to relax but that's when the pain started to kick in. His face twisted in discomfort. The nurse seemed to notice.

"What hurts?"

Izuku tried to speak but nothing came out. He slowly raised his shaking hand and pointed at his back and head.

"Alright. We're hooking up stronger pain medicine. You're going to have to tough it out for a moment."

Recovery Girl came by and quickly sent a message to Shota letting them know Izuku was awake. She walked up to him and smiled.

"Re-recovery..."

"Don't worry about speaking. I'm going to heal your back now that you have some energy."

"Wh-where is-"

"Aizawa, Mic, and the kids are on there way back. When you wake up again they will be here. Okay?"

"O-okay."

Recovery Girl leaned down and gave him a kiss. His face relaxed a bit. Darkness soon took over his vision again as the treatment and pain medicine kicked in.

"Stupid nerd would wake up at the crack of dawn," Katsuki grumbled opening the door to Izuku's hospital room.

"Mhmm," Shoto agreed yawning.

Izuku's eye fluttered open as he heard his boyfriend's enter the room. He locked eyes with them and sat up in the bed. Before either boy could stop him Izuku tried to get up out of bed.

He used his arms to push off the rail and swing his legs to the floor, but his legs didn't move. Izuku ended up face planting to the floor.

"Izuku!" Katsuki and Shoto yelled rushing over to him. They sat him up and hugged him.

"G-guys. Why are me legs are tingly? I-I can't feel them right now," he started crying. Shota, Hizashi, and Hitoshi were all by the door now since the other two had rushed ahead to see Izuku.

Katsuki scooped Izuku up and placed him carefully on the bed. He fixed his oxygen mask and the other wires that were hooked to him. His IV was ripped out so Shoto hit the nurse button.

"Answer me, pl-please."

Sorry Izuku. Mean author wants people to wait till next week for the answer to your question. :o

Have a good week everyone.

-L