Back to School

Shota was the first to wake up in the morning. He stumbled out of bed and immediately fell. Hizashi stayed peacefully asleep. He sighed as he used the side up the bed to stand up before silently holding onto the wall for dear life as he walked to the kitchen.

Once he made it to the kitchen he started his coffee. It was a special coffee maker that some crazy girl invented for him during the support entrance exam. It made double the amount in half the time and even measured the coffee grounds for him. He smiled as he watched it brew.

Shota then headed towards the cabinet to get his mug, awkwardly limping to it.

"Are you alright? Did you sleep funny last night? I hope you didn't get hurt when you were in my room last night. Did you need anything like ice? Is it your leg?"

Shota stood there pinching the bridge of his nose, "Izuku stop mumbling. It's too early for this."

"Oh sorry."

"So how'd you hurt yourself?"

"I don't think you want to know," Shinso said entering the kitchen.

"Why's that?"

"Because I had something to do with it," Hizashi said while yawning as he slowly walked into the kitchen and grabbed Shota's mug for him.

"Why would you hurt him on purpose?" Izuku innocently asked.

"You guys really did fuck last night after we went to bed," Shinso said.

Izuku gasped.

"Alright, we are done with this conversation. I have ny coffee and I'm going to go grade papers. And you," he pointed to Hizashi, "I won't be talking to you for a week. You ass."

He somehow managed to storm out walking just fine leaving the other three in shock.

"Well I also have some papers to grade so I better get to it."

Shota and Hizashi spent most of the day grading papers. Izuku found a gym in the house while exploring so he decided to work out some and Shinso just retreated to his room trying to sleep more. Before anyone saw the time it was already time for dinner. Hizashi had made something quick which ended up being ramen. After dinner they all went to their rooms.

At five in the morning Shota knocked on each boys door waking them up, "wake up we have to be there early."

Izuku grumbled while checking the time and slowly got up. He showered and got dressed and headed downstairs. It felt weird wearing his uniform as he felt like it's been awhile. Shinso came down and sat at the table, laying his head down on it.

Hizashi made toast while Shota just stayed by his coffee machine.

"Oh Izuku, it's your first day back. Are you going to be alright?" Shota asked.

He nodded since he was still too tired to function. Hizashi called for them to get some toast.

"Izuku, I'm supposed to do this every so often just to make sure..." Shota tailed off as he activated his quirk. At the same moment Izuku walked into the island corner.

"Ow ow ow," Izuku screamed falling to the floor.

"Stop being dramatic. How's your back, anything else hurt?"

"Just my side. It's going to bruise. Why does your counter top have pointy edges."

Shota stopped using his quirk and helped Izuku up, "Recovery Girl needed me to make sure you're not hurt every so often since you can't feel pain. Also after every hero training exercise, I will be doing the same thing. Try not to to be a baby about the pain in front of your classmates."

Izuku groaned and headed to his chair at the table. They finished their breakfast and got in the car.

"What class are you in Shinso?" Izuku asked while the drive started.

"General studies," he said resting his head against the window.

"Oh..." the car went silent for awhile. "I thought you would have been in the hero course."

"My quirk wasn't suited for the entrance exam," was all Shinso said before closing his eyes and pretending to be asleep.

As they drove by the main gate they saw dozens of reporters already gathering.

"Why's the press here?" Izuku asked.

"They want an interview with All Might and the school declined so here they are about to disrupt all the kids when they go to school. Damn savages."

"Shota, I told you to stop calling them savages. Even if they are," Hizashi said.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever," he replied as he drove passed the front gate and to the secret gate the teachers used to enter the school.

As soon as the car stopped Shinso got out slamming the car door shut as he made his way to class.

"I guess I shouldn't have asked him about classes. I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about him Izuku. He still has a chance to be a hero and join the hero course you just have to wait and see," Hizashi said giving him a quick hug before heading to the teachers lounge.

Izuku and Shota then walked to class 1-A. Izuku walked to his seat to find that the class had left him some encouraging messages. There was a sticky note from each classmate that left a welcome back message. Izuku took the time to read each one before moving them to his notebook. Before he knew it Shoto had walked through the door being the second classmate to arrive.

"Shoto!" Izuku said running up to hug him. He flinched before hugging back and Shota saw this.

"Alright Todoroki. That's not the first time I've seen you flinch with contact. I need you to tell me what's going on right now."

"It's just training sir. My father can be a little rough on me."

"That's a bunch of bullshit," Shota said walking over. As he was walking over Katsuki had walked into the classroom. He hit Shoto upside the back of the head.

"Oi, stopping blocking the doorway and hogging the nerd."

Shoto let go of Izuku and headed to his seat. With a thud his head fell on his desk. Izuku walked over to him after Katsuki gave him a quick hug.

"Shoto are you alright?" Izuku asked but as he did the rest of the class came in.

"You three stay after class for a bit," Shota said to them. Both Izuku and Katsuki nodded while Shoto still stayed face down on the desk. The bell rang and everyone took their seats.

"Alright class. Pick your class representatives. I don't care how it's down just figure it out," Shota said zipping up his yellow sleeping back and falling asleep.

Most of the class begged to be picked. Everyone started arguing with each other, "that's enough everyone. We will vote and who ever gets the most votes wins!" Iida said.

I hope everyone had a good week. I was hoping to write more this week but ended up writing everything this morning. Oops. Was too busy playing the WoW expansion. 😅

I definitely went through and made small edits. New chapter tomorrow still but decided to check my work a night early.

-L