Feathers

The nurses came in and started running tests on Katsuki. They had removed all his bandages to reassess the damage. They gently unwrapped his head and they heard a small tch for Katsuki.

"What's the matter Bakugo? Did we hurt you?" a nurse asked.

"I can't see out my right eye."

"Recovery Girl should be here soon and we will have her heal your head first, then your leg. Everything else should heal on its own rather easily."

"Tch, whatever."

School had ended and Shoto, Aizawa, and Recovery Girl made their way to the hospital. Shoto was the first through the door and when he saw Katsuki awake he rushed over to him and hugged him.

"Sho? Is that you?"

Shoto backed up a little so Katsuki could have a good look at him, "Yes, where's Izuku?"

"I sent the damn nerd away. Anyways, what are you doing here it's been years?"

"Um. Katsuki What's the last thing you remember?"

He sat there thinking for a good minute, "I was getting ready for my first day at UA."

"Looks like he has short term memory loss then. The nurses also said something about not being able to see out your right eye?" Recovery Girl asked picking up his chart.

Katsuki nodded. Recovery Girl gave Katsuki a kiss on the head. He got a little drowsy but stayed awake.

"Alright Shoto, I need you to say a few things about this past week to jog his memory."

"Katsuki, well you hurt Izuku in training and we both had to take care of him. You even apologized and we both asked him to be our boyfriend. He hasn't answered us yet though."

"I apologized to the nerd?" he gripped his head, small pieces of it coming back, "and we both asked him out. We told him he didn't have to choose. That all three of us could date."

"Do you know why you're in the hospital?" Aizawa asked. He shook his head no.

"Your mom..." Shoto started to say but stopped when his eyes went wide.

"She hurt dad, and me. She hit me until I passed out." Katsuki started shaking and Shoto squeezed onto the bed with him pulling him into a hug.

"I will be back to heal your leg once you rest a bit more. I'm going to check on some other patients while I'm here," Recovery Girl said leaving the room.

"Sho...I said some real mean things to Izuku. You need to find him. Please," he said sniffling.

"Okay Kat."

Shoto got up and went to the nurses station. He asked if anyone had seen a boy with green eyes and hair. One of the nursed said there was a small garden on the roof and she had told him about it since he looked upset earlier. Shoto thanked her and headed to the roof.

Izuku was bawled up and crying on the roof. Once he had calmed down, he walked through the garden and was now leaning against the ledge. His forearms were flat on the top of the wall that was about his chest's height. He had his chin resting on his hands. A few stray tears fell over the edge as he looked out at the view.

He made the mistake of looking down. He started to remember all the pain in his life, and now his mother was gone. He had jumped before; he could do it again.

"Hey kid, are you alright?"

Izuku turned around to see a man in a yellow suit with big red wings, "Oh hey Hawks."

"Well that was an enthusiastic response for meeting me."

"Normally, I would be thrilled but I have a lot going on," Izuku said sliding down the wall so he was now sitting on the ground his back against the wall.

Hawks noticed his puffy eyes and sat down in front of him crisscross. "Need to get anything off your chest? I have some time. And what's your name kid?"

"Kid? Aren't you pretty young yourself?"

"Still older than you."

"It's Izuku Midoriya."

"Midoriya?"

"Yes."

"I'm sorry about your mother."

"How did you know?"

"Well I was the one that found her but it was already too late."

"Don't be sorry for my bastard of a father."

"Alright, Izu. Is that why you're up here?"

"Part of it. Also, my childhood friend got the crap beat out of him by his mother. Then said some really mean things when he woke up." He said with some anger. He calmed down a little, "Oh my, forgive me for my language I said two naughty words."

"Heh. It's alright Izu."

"Hey Hawks?"

"Yea?"

"I need to remember the fear I felt when I was falling. Can you pull me off the edge or something so I can remember? I'm afraid I will do something stupid. I'm glad you came when you did."

He plucks a feather from his wings and hands it to Izuku, "Here hold onto this and gently squeeze it when you're afraid enough. If you don't by the second floor, I'm grabbing you anyways."

Hawks flew a little below so he can keep an eye on him. Izuku stood on the ledge. He turned around a started falling back first. The door opened and he saw Shoto walk onto the roof. They locked eyes as Izuku fell. Shoto ran as fast as he could to the edge but it was too late. He started crying and whispering to himself, "Izu, Why?" He looked over the edge and saw Hawks holding Izuku as they flew straight up into the sky. Hawks did a few flips until they landed on the roof behind Shoto.

"Um, Hey Sho..."

"Izuku, why would you do that again."

"I didn't Sho. I just wanted to remember the feeling so I wouldn't and Hawks here agreed to help me. I was never going to jump."

"Keigo. What. The. Fuck. Is. Wrong. With. You." Shoto said grabbing his collar.

"Oh, Shoto it's been sooooo long."

"You agreed to this stupid plan? What if you didn't catch him. What then." He hissed. A few flames coming off his left side.

"Never seen you so loud Shoto and these little flames. Not since Touya."

"Don't say his name."

"Sho, please calm down. I'm sorry. I won't ever go on a roof again. Please," Izuku whispered.

Shoto let go of Hawks and embraced Izuku.

"I'm sorry Izuku. I let my anger go wild. I was just so scared."

"Well I think I'll let you two be alone now. Izuku I will do my best to catch your 'Bastard father,' and Shoto, I still haven't given up looking for him. I am taking both cases very seriously. Bye" he said flying off.

"Katsuki didn't remember the entire week when he woke up, but I was able to get through to him after he was healed. Will you go let him apologize?"

"Yeah. Just hold me for a few more minutes first."

"Izuku?"

"Yes?" he said looking up at Shoto.

Shoto leaned down and kissed him on the lips. He moved there lips together for a minute then pulled back, "We both would like an answer soon."

I slept for almost 11 hours. Wow. I didn't even need caffeine this time while I wrote. Although many, many gummy worms were brutally murdered during the time I spent writing this. ;D

-L