Fine

Shoto stumbled out of the arena and down to Recovery Girls station. Izuku had just been brought in and his classmates were blocking the doorway. Katsuki saw Shoto approach and immediately went over to scold him.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU TWO? You could have killed each other! Killed the audience!"

Shoto didn't look up from the ground. Katsuki barely noticed a drop of water hit the ground. Katsuki realized he shouldn't have yelled at Shoto. He went to hug him and Shoto just shrugged him off.

The class went silent after Katsuki's outburst. They weren't sure what to do. Shoto was not mentally okay and they were starting to all see that.

"What's the racket going on out here? If you're not hurt, then scram. I have surgery to prepare for. Todoroki come in for a moment. You haven't used your fire much and I want to make sure your body is alright," everyone started grumbling, "I SAID SCRAM!"

That got everyone to leave except Shoto who walked into the office still looking at the ground. Katsuki had tried to stay but he was waved off and his match was coming up.

Shoto saw Izuku passed out on the bed. He had some small burns but nothing compared to what his quirk did to his body. His arm wasn't laying right. His fingers and both arms purpled.

"Todoroki look at me."

He was hesitant but looked up. Recovery Girl grabbed his chin and moved his head side to side, ignoring the tears falling. She then did a quick glance over him and deemed he was fine.

"You can stay in here till your next match but otherwise you are fine."

"I-is Izuku go-going to be alright?" Shoto said. The guilt of not stopping him sinking in.

"He'll be fine. I must start surgery now though so I can get his splintered bone fragments out of the way so I can use my quirk to heal him."

She rolled him to the back room and closed the door. Shoto couldn't believe all the tears that he'd let out today. He even stuttered when speaking. His voice felt coarse when he spoke. He was not used to feeling emotions. He hated the way he felt. He just wanted it to stop. He was sitting on a bed and started pulling at his hair. He pulled his knees up to his chest and started rocking back and forth.

He started muttering, "It's fine. He'll be fine. It's fine. He is fine. I am fine. I am not fine. He's going to be okay. I'm okay. I am not okay. It's fine. This is fine. I am fine."

"Todoroki?"

"I am fine. It's fine. He is fine. I am okay. It's okay. It-it's fi-" the words stopped spilling from his mouth. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. He gasped for air but he wasn't taking any in. His heart rate spiked.

"Shoto, look at me. Calm your breathing."

He tried to speak but the words once again didn't come out.

"Kid, I know you don't like physical contact but I need you to call down."

Shoto wasn't even sure who was in the room with him. Black spots clouded his vision. He felt himself be pulled onto something warm. He felt warm hands take his off his own head before they wrapped around him.

"Listen to my heartbeat and relax."

Shoto had started to calm down. He snuggled into the chest that was holding him. He dosed off for a few minutes.

"KATSUKI BAKUGO WINS OVER KIRISHIMA! OUR FOUR SEMI-FINALISTS ARE TODOROKI, IIDA, TOKOYAMI AND BAKUGO."

The commentary caused Shoto to jump up. He looked around and realized he was laying on top of someone. He looked up.

He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. Shota just looked down at him.

"What's the matter, can't speak?"

Shoto shook his head to agree.

"You had a pretty bad break down and panic attack so I'm sure it's from the stress. I'm sure your voice will come back soon so don't push it, okay?"

He nodded.

"Looks like you're up next. Do you want to withdraw?"

Shoto shook his head no.

"I think you should sit out but I won't make you. Be careful."

Shoto nodded and headed out to the field.

As soon as his match started, Iida had rushed towards Shoto trying to get him out with his insane burst of speed. Shoto had just frozen his own feet to the ground so he couldn't be moved. Shoto sent ice towards him and he dodged. With the ground frozen Iida jumps over it and activates his recipro burst. He landed a kick onto Shoto. Shoto froze Iida's mufflers which caused them to stall. Shoto then froze Iida in place. Since he was unable to move, Shoto won.

"Good match Todoroki" Iida said while Shoto melted the ice. Shoto only nodded before heading into the stands.

Katsuki quickly found out dark shadow was weak to light. He quickly pinned down Tokoyami who withdrew.

"WE HAVE OUR TWO FINALIST! SHOTO TODOROKI VERSES KATSUKI BAKUGO!"

Katsuki and Shoto walked to the field. Katsuki notices that Shoto's eyes are dull. His emotionless face is back.

"Don't hold back Icyhot."

Shoto just looked blankly at him and nodded slightly.

"How's Izuku?"

Shoto opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out but a little breath of air.

"What the fuck is wrong with you Icyhot?"

Shoto just looks down.

"BEGIN!"

Katsuki runs forward and Shoto uses his ice to make a wall between them. Katsuki explodes his way out of the ice. Shoto runs towards Katsuki and they engage in hand to hand combat. Katsuki stays on Shotos left side trying to bait his fire out.

"Not going to use your fire? Give this your all," Katsuki grabbed Shoto's left arm. They both locked eyes. Katsuki's grip tightened on his arm. Shoto tried to pull his arm out of Katsuki's grip but was unable to. Katsuki threw Shoto into his ice where he had broken out of earlier. The audience couldn't see the boys.

"Shoto, why are you holding back?" He walked up to Shoto and picked him up off the ground, "Izuku wanted you to give it your all and so do I."

Shoto remained silent while looking at the ground. Katsuki lifted his chin up and gave him a short kiss on the lips. Shoto opened his mouth to say something but only air came out yet again.

"Something happened to your voice?"

He nodded.

"Let's finish our match then we can check on Izuku and figure everything out, okay?"

He responded with a nod. He pulled Katsuki in for a quick peck.

"Easy Icyhot. We can do more of that later."

Shoto burst into flames melting the ice around them. His face was tinted red from embarrassment. Katsuki blasted an explosion at him which he dodged. Shoto blasted fire at him which Katsuki flew over using his quirk to propel himself in the air.

"YES. SHOOOTOOOOOOOOO. USE THAT FIRE I GAVE YOU," Enji yelled from the stands.

Shoto then got smacking in the face with memories. Katsuki had already aimed an explosion at Shoto. It went off as his fire went out. He went blasting backwards and hit his head on the remaining ice on the field.

"SHOTO TODOROKI IS KNOCKED OUT. THE WINNER OF THE SPORTS FESTIVAL IS KATSUKI BAKUGO!"

Have a great week everyone. It's 108 degrees and it's hot. Ughhh.

-L