Mics story

Shoto took Izuku upstairs so they could get ready for school. Shoto ended up helping Izuku with his shirt since his arms were shaking when he tried. Shoto gladly assisted him and carried him down the stairs. He sat him in his wheelchair and ran back upstairs to get dressed himself.

"Is Shoto ready yet?" Hizashi asked.

"Not quite. He had to help me a bit to get ready."

"Well we need to get you to school early so Recovery Girl can look at you. Hizashi why don't you take him and I'll take the two unready kids upstairs and Bakugo."

"See you at school!" Hizashi yelled pushing Izuku outside. He gently placed him in the passenger seat and shortly after started the drive.

"We haven't really had much time for just us two. Anything you want to listen to on the radio?" Hizashi asked.

"Oh, anything's fine."

"Hmm. We could just talk for a bit?"

"Sure," Izuku stopped looking out the window and looked towards Hizashi.

It was quiet until Hizashi thought of something to say, "you do lots of hero analysis, right?"

"I do."

"You have any questions for me?"

"I do actually but they seem kind of personal so I didn't think it was right to ask. I mean how can I go up to someone and just be like hey! Your voice is really loud. Has it done anything to your hearing? It just seemed kind wrong to ask. Wait I'm mumbling. I didn't mean to say that all out loud."

"It's okay," he laughed, "I'm never going to get mad about questions. So yes, my ears had taken a beating while I was learning about my quirk. I've lost basically all my hearing on the left ear and my right I don't have issues unless someone talks super quietly."

"Hmm. I'll have to add that to my notes," Izuku dug through his backpack. He opened it and pulled out a notebook and began scribbling down some notes. He turned the page to see Aizawa.

"I actually have another question. If that's okay?"

"Of course it is."

"If dad used his quirk on you pops, would you still be able to speak?"

A smile crept onto his face, he was just called pops. He was so happy but then he realized he didn't hear the question, "what was the question? Sorry."

"If your quirk was erased, could you talk?"

"There was only one time Shota has ever used his quirk on me. That was when we were in high school. I was going through a hard time," he paused for a moment. "My mom had just passed and I wasn't focused on school work. When training, well I, I screamed as loud as I could and didn't stop. My opponent was a friend of ours but he was already knocked out from the waves of my voice. I didn't even notice. I just shut down and lost it. Then Shota used his quirk to try and stop me. My ears were ringing when my voice stopped. I started sobbing and gasping for air. I soon lost consciousness. I woke up in Recovery Girls office and was told not to speak. I damaged my vocal cords. When my quirk was suddenly stopped the damage I had caused from screaming caught up to me and I started choking. This is why I blacked out. Shota blames himself thinking the sudden stop of my vocal cords caused more damage. I missed the sports festival and he's always felt bad about it. I guess that was a long way to explain yes it would stop my voice from working," Hizashi chuckled lightly at the end.

"Has his quirk hurt anyone else?"

"Not to my knowledge. I've tried to get him to see that but he'll always blame himself at least a little."