Lost

Izuku looked at Recovery Girl then back at Hizashi waiting for one of them to say something. Recovery Girl pursed her lips together then elbowed him in the ribs.

"Well Shota was going to talk to you this morning but then it didn't exactly go as planned with me having to rush you to school and err," Hizashi was nervous on how Izuku was going to react.

"Just spit it out Mic," she said elbowing him in the ribs again.

"Fine fine," he rubbed where he was elbowed, "we think it's best if you don't participate in the sports festival."

"Oh, I kind of figured," Izuku looked down at his legs with a sad expression, "I understand."

"Are you okay Izuku?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Can I go now?"

"Sure," Recovery Girl replied.

Izuku got back into his wheelchair by himself and started pushing off through the halls. He just wanted to be alone for a bit. He knew this was coming, but it still sucked. The sports festival was bigger then the Olympics and he'd finally get to compete, only for villains to mess it up.

He looked around realizing that he didn't know where he was. The school was very big and he really hadn't had the chance to explore yet. He looked around the hallway empty. He pushed himself around the corner still not seeing anyone. There weren't any signs.

"I've really done it this time. Skipping my dads class. He's going to kill me," he sighed and stopped at a window he was passing. He faced out looking at the extensive school grounds. He pulled his feet up on the wheelchair and rested his head on his knees. The tears he was holding back fell silently. After a while of crying, his eyes felt heavy and soon closed.

"Excuse me?"

"Mmm?"

"Are you lost? I haven't seen you over here before?"

"Huh?" Izuku opened his eyes. He looked at the girl with pink hair. Her eyes looked intriguing.

"Class started like fifteen minutes ago. What are you doing by the support course wing?"

"Oh, well I just got lost."

"Well general studies is that way," she pointed down a hallway.

"I'm actually in the hero course."

"Oh! My mistake. Then are you injured? And right before the sports festival. No, no. That won't do. I think I have a baby that can help you."

"A what?" Izuku looked confused.

"My babies! I'm in the support course and that's just what I call my creations," she replied with her bubbly words.

"I'm not allowed to participate..."Izuku sadly said looking back out the window.

"Why not? Teachers can't stop anyone from participating."

"Even if that's true, I probably won't be able to stand for very long. Even if I get my feeling back in my legs by then."

"And that's why you have me!" She pointed at herself, "Mei Hatsume at your service. Come with me!"

She started pushing Izuku down a hallway before he could even say anything. She pushed him into a workshop like room. She dug in a pile of what looked like junk till she pulled out something that had wheels on it.

"This is it! Baby number fifty-seven."

Izuku looked at her 'baby' and inspected it. It was a wheelchair as the base but it had some kind of jets on the back. The front looked pretty normal except there were two cylinders on each side of the chair. They were between the armrest and the wheel. The right arm had a panel of buttons and lastly, Izuku noticed the flight like harness on the seat.

"It's okay Mei, I'm just not going to participate."

"At least try it out!" Mei yelled while walking towards Izuku. She picked him up out of his wheelchair and strapped him to her baby.

"What exactly does this baby do?"

"One, you can use these controls here to make it move so you don't have to roll yourself," she pointed at the buttons and moved to the next one, "two you can use this to grapple. The cylinders on the sides are grappling guns. You also have jet boosters. Three you can hit this to turn the grappling guns downward and with the thrusters launch yourself into the air and glide down with these wings that come out like Buzz Lightyear!"

"This is actually amazing but I need to get to class."

"Just take it with you, and if anyone asked it was made by Mei Hatsume!"

"Sorry but I can't do that," Izuku said removing the harness holding him to the chair and moving back into his wheelchair.

"At least think about using it!"

"Sure," Izuku then pushed himself out of the room and towards general studies. He hoped he could find Hitoshi at least.

He found class 1-C which he thought was Hitoshi's. He wheeled up to the door and heard the teacher speaking. He thought to himself, 'wait, I can't interrupt a class. What's wrong with me.'

Izuku sighed and pushed himself down the hallway. He found a door that led outside and figured it would be easier to see where he was from there. The sun was shining down with a light breeze.

"I'm already late. Might as well enjoy the weather," Izuku spoke softly to himself. He found a grassy hill with a tree on it and managed to push himself to the spot. He carefully got out of his wheelchair and laid on the grass. He stared at the clouds passing and felt his body relax, and his mind clear. He decided he should head back. He went to get back into his wheelchair when as he pushed on it, it rolled away from him and by away from him, it rolled down the hill.

"Well that's just great Izuku. You didn't even lock the wheels. What's wrong with me," Izuku grumbled to himself. He felt around in his pockets looking for his phone only to realize it wasn't there. He must have left it in Recovery Girls office. "What am I supposed to do now?"

Have a good week everyone! Being back to work has kicked my ass. Back to sleep I go.

-L