Wakey-wakey

A few hours later Aizawa was woken by Katsuki's father entering the room. Masaru frowned when he saw the condition his son was in, but then he saw Izuku and Shoto holding his sons' hand as they slept, a small smile appeared on his face. Aizawa sat up waking Hizashi. They both motioned to Masaru to join them on the couch.

"Naomasa stopped by and explained everything that happened with her and also to Inko," Masaru said not wanting to say his wife's name. He continued on, "I assume you two are the ones taking care of Izuku? I would but I think I'm going to have my hands full for a while as I and Katsuki recover."

Hizashi looked surprised, "You agreed to take in another kiddo Shota? I'm surprised but it's fine with me."

"I see good potential in him and don't want to see his chances of being a hero be ruined," Aizawa grumbled.

"You believe in me?" Izuku asked sitting up.

"Of course. We just need to get your crazy quirk under control. I'm not always going to be around to erase it."

Izuku smiled for the first time in days. He never had a lot of people believe in him. Most of his life was spent with people telling him that he couldn't be a hero. Small tears formed in his eyes but the smile stayed on his face.

"Let's wake up Todoroki and get some food. Meet us in the cafeteria with him in a few," Aizawa said to Izuku.

The grown ups went to the cafeteria. Izuku walked around the bed to Shoto. His left hand was holding Katsuki's while his head was leaning against his left arm. His right arm dangled to his side. Izuku went to touch his right shoulder and gave him a quick poke. He flinched but stayed asleep.

"Hey Shoto, time to wake up," he said nudging him a little harder. He looked down and saw that his right hand was frosted over. Shoto began to shake in his sleep. Izuku grabbed both his shoulders and shook him. "SHOTO WAKE UP."

Shoto flinched and slowly opened his eyes. His eyes widened and his body tensed. He looked at Izuku and slowly started to relax.

"Shoto are you alright?"

"Yeah."

"Your hand is frozen."

He looked down and noticed, "Oh." He then defrosted it.

"You sure you are alright?"

"Yep."

"Okay, well Aizawa said to meet him in the cafeteria so let's go."

Shoto just nodded.

They got food and joined the adults at a table. They mostly ate in silence.

"Todoroki you are coming to school tomorrow. You aren't excused anymore from class. Midoriya you technically have till Wednesday off still but I will extend it the rest of the week," Aizawa said.

"Yes sir." They both said.

The next day Shoto got ready for school. He had gone home late the night before. Luckily his father was out on a mission and wasn't home. He slowly walked to school. He stood outside the giant door to his classroom. He slid the door open and everyone's eyes turned to him.

"How's Deku?" Uraraka asked as she and Iida walked over.

"His back is fine now."

"I'm glad he has made a swift recovery," Iida said.

"Yo, Todoroki where is Bakugo?" Kirishima asked.

"The hospital," Shoto said with a blank expression.

"What happened to him?" Kaminari yelled.

Shoto was about to answer when Shota walked through the doors.