Middle school

Izuku never ended up getting a quirk. Everyone else in his class got one, but he didn't. It hit him very hard since he always wanted to be a hero. Katsuki started to pick on Izuku, making sure he knew he was weak. Izuku dreaded today as he knew his teacher was planning to discuss high schools. Izuku's own mother said that he could never be a hero and it shattered Izuku's heart. He wanted to go to UA and be in the hero course and be the greatest hero like All Might.

Izuku sat down at his desk and took out a notebook. He quickly scanned the news and wrote about the heroes in the news today. He was so lost in his own world that the bell startled him. The teacher walked to his desk.

"Well I know you all want to be big strong heroes, so lest see, Bakugo, Midoriya, you both applied to UA correct?" he asked.

"DAMN NERD. I'M THE ONLY ONE FROM THIS SHITTY SCHOOL WHO IS GETTING INTO UA. WHAT'S A QUIRKLESS LOSER LIKE YOU GOING TO EVEN DO," Katsuki yelled while sparking his hands.

Izuku lowered his head to his desk trying to ignore the popping sounds coming from his childhood friend. The teacher made no effort to stop him and the bell rang. Luckily for the teacher he didn't have to deal with this and left the raging boy with Izuku.

Katsuki lifted Izuku out of his seat and held him against the wall. He punched him in the face but he made no reaction. He was so used to being beat up that it didn't phase him anymore. Katsuki let Izuku slide to the ground and went over to his desk. He picked up his notebook and burned it. After it was decently charred, he tossed it out the window.

"Why don't you take a swan dive off the roof and maybe in your next life you won't be so pathetic and weak," he said while leaving the class.

Izuku let his words sink in before he got up off the floor. He went to find his notebook outside and just his luck it landed in a pond. He slowly fished it out fighting off the fish. He then walked to his secret spot. He arrived under a bridge and shook out what water he could from his notebook. He sat down hugging his knees to his chest.

He sighed, "why does this always happen to me."

He started to feel something gooey on his feet and before he could process what was happening a sludge villain wrapped himself around him. He tried to pull him off but he was taking over his body. His vision started to blur from lack of oxygen. He heard a loud, "smash," before passing out.

"Hey kid wake up." He heard someone say as he lightly tapped his cheeks. Izuku slowly opened his eyes.

"All Might?!?!"

"Now that you are fine, I have to take this villain in," he said holding up a cola bottle with the greenish sludge monster in it.

"Sign my notebook please?"Izuku asked opening it to see he already did. "Can I ask you something?"

"Very sorry but I have to get going," All Might said taking off into the air. Before Izuku knew what he was doing, he latched on to his leg.

"I love my fans but this is too much, let go."

"If I let go, I'll fall!"

"Oh right," All Might said landing them on a roof.

All Might started to scold Izuku when his appearance suddenly changed. All his muscle was gone and he coughed up blood.

"Oh my god, All Might is that really you!"

"Yes kid. This is me, but please don't go telling anybody."

He showed his huge scar on his side and explained what had happened to him.

"Can I ask you something All Might?"

"Sure kid."

"Even though I don't have a quirk do you think that I... I could be a hero?"

Without any hesitation All Might responded, "No. This is a dangerous line of work. There are other noble professions like a police officer even though heroes do most the work now a days."

All Might kept speaking, but Izuku had stopped listening. Even All Might thought that he couldn't be a hero. First his mom, then his best friend, and now his hero even said he didn't have a chance. Izuku started to think to himself, 'Maybe it was time to give up. Maybe I really couldn't be anything more than a useless, quirkless, pathetic, weak boy.'

Without even realizing it Izuku's legs walked over to the edge of the building. He looked down and saw no one around. 'If I jumped would anyone see, let alone care?' he thought.

"Hey kid, are you alright?" he looked at Izuku with concern.

"I thought I would listen to my friend. Maybe in my next life I won't be so pathetic." Izuku said climbing up on the ledge.

"Come down and let's talk about what's going on."

In the distance an explosion went off causing Izuku to lose balance. He tried to steady himself when he saw All Might looking for the bottle holding the sludge villain. Izuku realized he caused him to drop it. Izuku stopped trying to keep his balance and fell over the edge. 'Why live when I'm such a screw up.'

Izuku passed four stories then he felt strong arms grab him and flew him down the next five stories. All Might gently put Izuku on the ground.

"I'm fine. I won't do that again," Izuku spat ripping his arm out of All Might's concerned gaze. He began to walk home with All Might just staring at him. Another explosion went off and All Might couldn't hold his hero form.

Izuku ended up walking around aimlessly. He looked up to find that he found the commotion he heard earlier. The sludge villain was trying to take over someone else now. He heard the mutters in the crowd wondering why All Might didn't stop this guy yet.

He looked up to two beautiful red eyes. His hands were blasting the sludge off of him the best he could.

"Kacchan!" Izuku yelled running towards his friend.

"Get back Deku."

"Kacchan!!" he yelled louder trying to pull the sludge off of him. As Izuku did this All Might ripped Katsuki out of his grasp.

Izuku was scolded by the other heroes as Katsuki was praised for being brave. Izuku started walking home when All Might caught up to him.

"Kid, your feet sprang into action before your mind could stop you. Let me train you and you can become a hero."

Fun fact I originally wrote the first two chapters swapping from their POV's but I didn't like it. Maybe one day I will write in their POV. Hmm. No promises.

-L