Part 30

Thanks for the rating the story

3AM

Footsteps sound from the hall. Raphael wakes up and pulls his gun to him. He looks down at his sleeping angel and she's still tucked closely to him on his chest. Her breaths are undisturbed as Miguel and his men approach. Her t-shirt is bunched around her middle so he pulls the covers to her arms. He can hear the unmistakable click of locks unlocking at her front door and not before long he can hear it to her bedroom door. He smoothes her hair and points the gun at the door.

"Mi amor let's go." Miguel states into the dark. Andrea still doesn't move from her position.

Raphael whispers in the dark. "She's asleep."

Miguel stills.

A lamp clicks on. Miguel stands next to it pointing a gun at him. Both of their guns are pointed at the other.

"You really going to point a gun at me with her so close?" Raphael warns.

"I trust my aim." Miguel states.

Andrea stirs and she startles awake when she realizes Raphael's gun is up.

"No." She startles.

She places her hand on Raphael's arm. "You won't shoot each other over me."

"Wanna bet?" Miguel threatens. "You're coming back with me. He hurt you and I won't allow it to happen again."

"Miguel I'm fine." She pleads looking at the gun.

"Let her go Raphael. I will not let you hurt her again." He commands.

"I didn't hit her." He scoffs back. "You think I abused her somehow."

"Makes since Italian mobsters are known for their bruises on their wives." Miguel snears.

"I have never and will never lay a hand on a woman especially her." Raphael leans forward and moves Andrea along with him.

She turns to Raphael and kisses him softly on his lips. "Can I speak to Miguel alone please?"

He looks at her protective. "Don't do this."

"Please." She smiles trying to reassure him.

He moves reluctantly. "I'll be right outside." He kisses her and dips his tongue in her mouth as her hands fall from his chest as he rises. He leaves the room and she pats the bed for Miguel to sit down.

"Did he hurt you?" Miguel asks after Raphael closes the door. He begins to inspect her.

"Not physically no but he did upset me which is right about the time you called."

"You looked like you were going to leave him."

"I was." She admits. "But he convinced me not to."

"How? You looked..."

"Broken ya I was."

"Tell me what happened." Miguel grazes her hand.

"He wanted me to get pregnant so he could force me to marry him." She looks down.

"That's it?" Miguel asks shocked.

She sends him a horrified face. "What do you mean that's it? That's not ok!"

"Oh come on. You couldn't have been that upset."

"I was livid actually and I can't believe you're taking this so well." She pinches his arm.

"Ouch! Seriously God you know that hurts." He elbows her. "But for real you were upset? Mi amor I've been wishing you'd get pregnant with my child and marry me since we were juniors in college. But that pesky IUD always gets in the way."

"Are you serious?!" She smacks him with a pillow.

He blocks it with his arms laughing "yes Jesus stop it! Of course! I'm not stupid. You'll make a great wife for me and an even better mother. So of course the only way to expedite that process with you is get you pregnant."

She continues to smack him with her pillow. "I can't believe you."

Raphael opens the door when he hears a commotion and he leans against the door post. He laughs when he sees Andrea smacking and dodging Miguel with a pillow mad at something while Miguel just laughs trying to dodge her pillow. "Has this all been sorted?" He asks waving his hand at them.

She looks at him her eyes squinting. "You two are the absolute worse!"

"Oh so now it's the both of us. What did you do?" He nods to Miguel.

"Same as you great minds I guess." He grabs the pillow and smacks her with it.

"See not the only one trying to get you pregnant and force a marriage on you." He gestures to Miguel then walks up to her. "Now that we're all level headed and have the air cleared it's late and she has class in the morning and I have a job so we should probably get back to sleep."

"Ha right ok." Miguel says agreeing reluctantly and smiles at Andy. He squeezes her hand. "Talk to you later Andy."

"Yep." She yawns and falls back into her pillows.

Raphael stands by the bed and glares at Miguel until he leaves her apartment before Raphael climbs back into bed.

"I don't like that he forces you to talk to him everyday." He says into her hair as he brings her head to his chest and begins to run his finger through her hair.

"He worries about me Raphael. I have no issue easing his concerns with a phone call everyday." She reassures as she snuggles into him.

He smiles into her hair at the adorable motion. How did such a beautiful innocent angel end up in the middle of two of the most dangerous men in the world? And knowing all of that cuddles up to them as if it's nothing? He smoothes her hair. "Good night Topolina."

"Good night." She whispers barely audible into his chest.