Part 54

Raphael

I make it downstairs and I realize Leonardo is leaning against the wall waiting for me at the bottom.

"Aww you didn't have to wait for me." I say teasing him. He rolls his eyes and bounces off the wall.

"I'm riding back with you. We need to talk."

My eyebrows fly up in surprise. "Ooh about?" I don't miss Leonardo's look around expecting to find something listening to us which I wouldn't put it past the person that owns the security for this place.

"Let's talk in the car."

"Ok well let's get going then." We make our way to my audi and we pull onto the street.

"We need to get the girls out of that place." He looks forward at the road.

"Ha ya good luck with that." I say with a smile.

"Have you done any research on the building they're in? I'm surprised you haven't dragged her out yourself. The cartel practically runs the whole building. Santiago owns the security cameras and alarm system. The Leo's have people all over that building. They can't stay there. It's not safe for them and definitely not now that they're dating us."

I let out a silent laugh. "Unfortunately it's one of the safest places in New York for her." I grumble low. I didn't really even realize I had said anything until Leo looked confused back at me.

"You're joking." He says flatly. "I have a plan there's a three bedroom that is available in your building but you have to offer it to them. I've only been dating Stacy for a week and I don't want to freak her out but you've been dating Andrea for a month now. Sell it this way. They'll both be closer to their jobs. Andrea will be closer to the university. They can still pay rent if they insist and we can easily give it to them at the same price they are paying now."

I laugh out loud this time. "Andrea will see right past that but I'll try it."

Leo nods his head. "I had a feeling she wouldn't be the one to talk to about it but talk to Stacy alone without Andrea. I have a feeling she'll agree to it and talk Andrea into it after the fact. She'll be upset for a few days that you went behind her back but she'll forgive you."

"I'll see what I can do. I'd love to see her out of that building and closer to me but that's going to be easier said than done." I hate that Miguel has such a strong hold on her. I really hate that she took his damn mark but she will be mine. She has to be. I can't loose her. Not now.

"Just tell her it is dangerous for her to live there especially now that she's with you." Leo reasons with a shrug. "Maybe then she'll agree."

I shake my head and my knuckles go white just thinking about her and Miguel. "Unfortunately that building is the second safest place for her in the city."

Leo looks at me again even more confused and a little irritated. "You said that earlier why is that?"

"Andrea is protected by the Santiago family."

Leo chokes. "I'm sorry what did you just say?"

"She's protected by the Santiago Cartel which in turn means the Leo's." I don't look at him and I keep my eyes ahead to the road. I kept this tiny little secret away from the Romano's knowing they wouldn't react well to it.

"I'm not even sure what to ask right now. How? Why? What? How do you know that? Is that why she knows about us?" I can tell Leo is panicking now because his accent is poking out. "Why the fuck are you dating her then?"

"Miguel and her are childhood friends. To the point of his mark is in white on her wrist. It's the mark of his family. The siblings of an heir to the family is white where the heir's is black. She has the white S on her wrist. It's their mark of loyalty to the family."

Leo grits out. "You're seriously dating his sister?!"

"More like his one that got away." I say nonchalant.

"Oh cause that's soo much better." He's exasperated.

"I assure you when the time comes she'll choose me. She won't go back to him. He's broken her once I won't make his same mistakes."

"Does she love him?" He asks.

I growl pissed at the question. "Yes."

"What makes you think you have a chance then?"

I pause. "Because she had her choice. She could've told me no and dated him instead but she didn't and she's with me now. She'll choose me."

Leo shakes his head. "God I really hope so. We don't have time for a war with Santiago we have enough problems with the Bratva. I know you do business with him now but still if she's as important as you say to him he won't mind starting a war over her."

"I know."

"Offer them the apartment. Maybe Stacy will swing her our way." Leo says short. Silence falls on the car for the last few minutes to his building which is 2 blocks from mine.

"Thanks for the lift."

"Are you going to tell Enzo?"

Leo turns to me his eyes blazing. "You know I have to."

I nod. "I love her Leo."

He softens a bit. "I'll tell him like you told me. That she'll choose you over him. Maybe he'll believe me."