Part 39

Raphael

Her interview is today. Clay called and asked about her. So of course I told him how talented she is. Once I finished talking her up Clay new something was up.

"So why haven't you hired her yet?"

I think for a second.

"Because I wanted to date her and she refused to work for me and date me at the same time."

Silence on Clay's end.

Clay is a friend. We went to college together. We were in sailing competitions together in private school. I play Calcio (soccer) with him and a few guys including the Romanos on most Saturdays.

"Oh my God you're? You? You're dating her? You Raphael Mariano are dating someone?"

"Yes." I know he can hear my irritation through the phone.

"Ha wow. But she works for you now."

"Well sort of." I say.

"Right, right you don't "own" the DaLucca you just "manage" it." I can practically hear his quotations from my end.

"Exactly."

"But you've worked with her and you like her?"

"Yes and that's not my cock talking. If I didn't want more from her then yes she'd be working for me but since we're dating she's refused my offers of a job."

"So if I think she's a good fit I can hire her? Cause I'm probably going to."

"Yes. Like I said she's smart. She has a knack for account auditing and she's hard working."

"Ok." Clay says. "Thanks also one more thing Macaroy?"

"Use your imagination."

"Those are just rumors."

"Not anymore they aren't."

"Did she get a non disclosure agreement?"

"No she did not."

"Then why?"

"She's proud."

"Ah ok."

A beep sounds in my office. "Sir your sister is walking in right now."

"Thanks for the warning." I grumble to Lane. "Clay I have to go. My sister just arrived for a surprise visit."

"Ha have fun."

The call ends and my door opens. My sister comes in a kisses me on both cheeks and I do the same.

All in Italian. "This is surprise."

"I had a shoot near by and I thought how nice would it be to have lunch with my brother."

I look at her strangely. We continue our conversation in Italian.

"What's the real reason?"

"Lunch and maybe just a tiny talk."

"Spit it out."

"Ok fine." She huffs. "Lunch and talk. I'm worried about you and Andrea."

I hand her a menu and show no emotion at her statement. "Why?"

"Well you're you and she's well normal?"

"I don't understand." I do understand but I want her to spit it out properly.

"You really like her don't you?"

"Yes."

She rolls her eyes at me and I resist the urge to smack her with the menu that I hand her for lunch.