Part 82

Next morning (Saturday)

I wake up and slowly, as to not wake Raphael, I peel myself out of bed. He doesn't stir as I slip out and pull on a robe. I look back and his strong chest rises softly up and down. I walk to the veranda and step outside. The breeze is cool. The past week has been unseasonably warm and today is supposed to be back to normal and it is. I stand listening to the waves hit the cliff hidden beach and breathe the cool air. Chills scatter across my skin as I feel lips press against my neck. A hand at my arm tugs the shoulder of my robe down exposing it. Those warm lips trace down my shoulder. "I thought I told you I don't like waking up without you next to me."

I let out a breathy laugh and gasp as his teeth nip at my ear.

Faint knocking comes at the door. Raphael groans. He walks into the room and cracks the door open. He has a short conversation and he nods. I walk back inside as he takes me around the waist. "I need to go talk about security for the day."

"For today? Why? We're going shopping..."

It's safe here surely. He shakes his head warning me. "I will have a few of my own guys looking after you."

"But..." he cuts me off with another warning glare.

"No buts Topolina. I cannot lose you again."

"Raphael, we're in Italy. Miguel can't get me here plus Giuseppe..."

"The Santiago cartel is the least of my concerns. We're in Europe now. There are larger problems here. People will put two and two together on who you are today. Especially when they see you and Natalia." He runs his hands up my arms. "There are other crime organizations here that would love to get their hands on you."

My mind begins to reel. I've been in the middle of turf wars before. I was almost kidnapped because of one. Maybe extra protection isn't such a bad idea. "Ok..." I breathe out.

I feel Raphael's hands on my arms and then feel his lips against my kneck. "I'm planning on having you all to myself tonight." He kisses my cheek and that sexy smirks is plastered across his face as he eyes me from top to bottom and leaves. I stand breathless for a few seconds when the door closes. 
---------

I take a sip of my mimosa as more girls sit at the table. This restaurant is lovely it sits on a cliff and the outside dining area is gorgeous. The table sits directly on the edge giving us the most amazing view. What I thought would be my step mother, Natalia, Stacey, Izzy and Mrs. Mariano ends up being a few of my cousins and a few of Izzy's as well. We're all introduced and we order. Everyone is asking me personal questions under the guise of being polite and I smile and answer being as brief and vague as possible they don't need the gorey details of how I got here.

Elena tries to break some of the awkward moments. "It's so nice to do this. A much needed girl time is what I think."

Lilliana, one of my cousins who gave me a sour smile when we first were introduced, "Elena as usual we're beyond happy to have you join us. We will be family one day. How is Raphael by the way it has been so long?" All of my cousins look back and forth between Elena and Lilliana. I stiffen and Natalia's hand finds mine under the table and gives it a squeeze.

"He is good. Did you not know he was here Lilliana? He's been spending a lot of time at the Romano home I figured you would have known considering you are such a vital part of their family." Elena comments ever the angel.

Lilliana smiles. "I had no idea." And says something under her breath. One of my other cousins speaks up.

"It's not happening Lily let it go." I hear across the table. Natalia relaxes and squeezes my hand again and takes it back. I lean over to her. "What was that?"