Part 55

Wednesday

Crap it's 6pm. Raphael and Leonardo are coming over for dinner tonight at 6 and I'm still at work. Stacy is making my chili recipe for us but Aahh I was supposed to leave 2 hours ago. Work got busy in a hurry right at 4 and we finally just got it sorted. When I walk out of the office I notice Giovanni waiting by a car. When he sees me he stands up. I pretend to not see him and go towards the bus stop. Within seconds I get a phone call.

"Ciao Caro." I answer with a smile.

Raphael growls from the other side of the phone. "Get in the car Topolina."

"Mmm no thank you. I don't remember requesting a car for tonight."

I can hear Raphael chuckle darkly. "Topolina get in the car or I will make you."

I look around and see how many people there are around me. "That's not a good idea babe too many people will see."

"Topolina." Raphael growls irritated. "Get in the car now and stop fighting this."

"And if I don't?" I ask testing him further.

"You're already going to have a red ass Friday night. If you don't get in the car you'll be rather uncomfortable during Sunday mass." He threatens. "Now get in the car."

I swallow and pause. I haven't been to mass in awhile and I don't want my ass to be sore during confession. "I'm headed to the car right now."

"Good girl see you in a little bit." And with that he hangs up.

I shake my head and walk to the car.

"Ms. Muños." Gio greets.

"Gio." I grumble. He opens the door for me and I slide in.

He takes off and we sit in awkward silence for 30 minutes when I get to my apartment. He opens the door and I give him an awkward smile. "Thanks." We start the decent up to our floor. "If you're hungry Stacy is cooking. You're welcome to join."

Gio let's out a breathy laugh. "Thanks but maybe another night. Gustavo and I have plans to cook tonight."

I look at him confused. "Gustavo? As in Miguel's Gustavo?"

He smiles a crooked smile and nods. "We decided to share our intel. So our resources have been strategically placed to where there are no blind spots. Of course there are times when we can't work together but your day to day we most definitely can."

"Are yall, I don't know, a thing?" I say smiling.

"Uh no we both very much like girls. In fact Gustavo has plans tomorrow night so I'm covering for him and same for me on Saturday. Which for me it's whatever Saturday night because you're with Raphael. We're just combining our efforts."

"Ahh ok. Does Raphael know?"

He nods.

"Does Miguel know?"

"I think so. That's between Miguel and Gustavo." He says shaking his head.

I laugh. "I won't say anything to Miguel then."

Gio nods. "Probably not a bad idea."

We get to our hall and Gio waits for me to get into my apartment before he walks into his. When I walk in I'm hit with the smell of chili and it warms me. I look to the island and I see Raphael talking to Stacey intently over a glass of wine. Stacey sees me walk in and smiles and waves me over.

"Hey chili is on the stove." She smiles.

"Thanks let me go put my stuff down." I lean to kiss Raphael on the cheek as he gives me his panty dropping threatening smile. I walk into my room and I try to close my door but Raphael has slid in behind me and he closes the door behind him. I raise my eyebrows shaking my head with a smile. " Stacey will embarrass the crap out of me you have to go back out."

A crooked smile crosses Raphael's face. "Let her." He pulls me to him and tips my chin so I'm looking into his eyes.

"I missed you." He purrs against my lips as he kisses them softly.

I blush red "I missed you too." and I kiss him and his tongue attacks my mouth as he pulls me against his chest. We separate and I bat my eyes at him when I walk to my drawer and I grab a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. I begin to undress and I feel Raphael's hands graze up my rib cage. I feel his hot lips on my shoulder.

"Move in with me." He breathes into my shoulder.

I chuckle with my back still to him. "Where did that come from?"

He runs his nose over my shoulder. "I want you all the time Topolina. Being away from you for even a day wrecks me."

I smile . "I'm not moving in with you Raphael. Atleast not yet. We've only been dating for a month."

His lips quirk up like he has a dark secret. "And?"

I shake my head. How can he already want me to move in? "I'm not ready."

He pulls me to where my front is pressed against him. Even through his suit I can feel his warmth. "When will you be?"

I swallow. "May." I breathe out. Honestly probably sooner but he doesn't need to know that I'm falling faster than I would like.

His lips smirk darkly at me. "You'll know sooner than that Topolina but I'll live with that answer. What if you and Stacey moved apartment buildings? Say for instance my building a few floors down."

I blink back at him and snort a little. "Raphael, we can't afford your building." I step away from him and shimmy on my shorts and t-shirt.

"You don't know that." He sits on my bed. "A three bedroom on the 11th floor opened up and Leo and I were thinking that we'd like you two to move in there. $2400 a month split $1200 between the both of you."

I spin to face him. He knows what I pay for rent. I never told him that! "How do you know what I pay in rent Raphael?"

He straightens. "You don't really want me to answer that do you?"

Mobster. My brain spits it out like it's a cussword. "You know why I can't leave this apartment Raphael."

"It's not a safe neighborhood." He pulls me towards him. "Leo and I are both packing right now because it's not safe."

I look down at him sitting on my bed. "For you maybe but it's perfectly safe for Stacey and I."

"What happens when a higher bidder buys out the Leos?"

I laugh. "Caro, Miguel is the highest bidder."

"You don't know that Topolina."

Now it's my turn to smirk. "Yes I do Raphael."

"Then you know more than you let on about his business." Raphael says surprised and intrigued.

"I know enough." I step away from him. "We need to go back and eat so this doesn't look suspicious." I feel the door knob but I'm pulled away from it.

Raphael pulls me to his front and takes one hand and snakes it around my waist and the other is thrust into my hair. "You're upset."

I'm trembling now. Of course I'm upset.

He kisses my lips but I don't respond. He leans his lips to my ear. "You will forgive me before we walk out that door. I didn't mean for you to get upset but I do want you to consider leaving this place and living closer to me. Obviously for selfish reasons but also you're significantly closer to the Univeristy and your job. Also I don't like that he has his fingers so firmly constricted around your life."

I wave my right wrist with his mark on it. "There's a reason."

Raphael winces. "Yes I know." He smoothes my hair behind my ear. "Just please think about it. Don't be upset with me I know I'm a selfish man and a jealous one. I just want you Andrea. That's it."

He steps away from me and looks me up and down to make sure I'm ok. He opens the door and I walk out and he follows me. When I get to the island I find Leo showing Stacey pictures of this apartment they want us to move in to. I walk and grab a bowl and fill it up then top it off with cheese and onions. Raphael follows behind me and we take the seats next to Leo and Stacey.