Part 70

After work I go to Raphael's pent house and change. He told me at lunch that he had made dinner plans for us tonight. I slide into a little black dress from my closet at his place and a pair of Prada black heels. The small diamond of my necklace lays perfectly against my chest in this dress. I play with it for a bit when I hear Raphael walk into the closet.

"I guess I need to change." He wraps his arms around my waist.

I smile at him in the mirror. "Cariño you're wearing a suit. You're already dressed up."

He laughs and kisses my kneck. He fingers the little silver necklace and he kisses my kneck again. "You always wear this."

I meet his eyes in the mirror. "It's something I've always had. My mother insisted that I wore it when I was a kid and now I wear it all of the time. It's special. I don't know why I just know that it is."

"Well you need earrings so go pick some out." He nips at my ear lobe. I walk over to the jewelry drawers and I pick out a set of earrings with a simple silver chain with a small lone diamond at the ends of them. I turn around and find Raphael straightening his tie I walk over to help him and he leans down for me. I kiss his jaw and his hands snake around my waist again as he kisses me. His tongue dips into my mouth and I lean into his body causing him to growl. He tips his forehead against mine. "We need to stop. We have dinner plans." I kiss his cheek and nod breathless.

We pull up to the restaurant. Recognition passes through my head. We've been here before but it makes me uneasy. Raphael must have sensed my thoughts because he takes my hand and kisses it. "This is Maggiano's. The last time I brought you here you almost left me and I had a gun pointed at me later that night. But as you are well aware this is one of my favorite places in the city. Carlo Maggiano is a second cousin of Leo and Enzo and he's been hammering me to meet you. So here we are."

I move across the seat to him. "Here we are." I say against his lips.

He pulls back and his eyes are dark with lust. "Here we are." He repeats and opens the door. He steps out and then he helps me. We walk into the restaurant, which is really a hole in the wall. It's a black door surrounded by brown brick. I can't see any windows and when we walk in it's dark with low lighting. A surly looking Italian man looks up from the hostess he was just talking to and a massive grin spreads across his face.

" Ah Mariano come in come in let's meet this girl." He looks me up and down and in Italian he says. "She's very pretty Mariano."

"Grazi." I smile back to him. He looks at me surprised.

"She speaks Italian too. Wow." Raphael pulls me close to him and the man takes my hand and kisses it. "My name is Carlo Maggiano. I've heard a great deal about you Andrea."

I blush and nod then pull my hand back and rest it on Raphael's arm.

"Let's get you two seated." Carlo shows us to our seats and then he pulls up a third. I see Raphael's shoulders fall in disappointment. I give him a small smile and squeeze his hand and Carlo begins to ask me fifty questions as to how I met Raphael and why we started dating. When our food comes out Carlo takes the hint and leaves.

"He likes you." Raphael says tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear.

I smile at him and steal a bite from his plate. "I like him too. He's nice."

"He's nosey." Raphael laughs. "But ya he is pretty great."

We eat our food and say our good bye to Carlo.

"Raphael, don't lose this one she's a keeper." He says to him as Raphael helps me into my jacket.

"I have no intention on letting this one go." Raphael says to him but looks down at me. I give him a kiss on his cheek and we wave goodbye and make it out to the car.