Part 8

Andy studies all day and at 6pm she starts cooking dinner for her and Stacey. It's chilly and drizzling outside so chili it is. Her and Stacey sit at the island.

"Sooo Miguel slept in your bed last night. I know you didn't just sleep."

"Stacey!" She elbows her roommate.

"What come on spill it!!"

"Ok no we didn't just sleep. We may have you know first thing this morning and when we showered last night we also did the deed." Andy chokes out.

"Aaahh I knew it. Was he good?Don't answer that I'm sure he was good. Ahhh I'm so glad you got laid it helps get the mind healthy again. Wait are y'all dating?" Stacey asks.

"No, no just same old same old good friends that sleep together from time to time." I say playing it off as if I hadn't agreed to date him in May if things didn't work out here.

"Ug he's a hotty you need to date that one. Marry him he's filthy rich isn't he." Stacey goes on.

"Woh now, we're just friends. Stop planning our wedding." I wag my finger at her.

"I'm just saying he's smitten but you're too in your head about other stuff that you can't see it." Stacey answers. Oh if only she knew.

"Ha ya probably. He's leaving first think tomorrow by the way. He had some work stuff he had to take care of tonight." Andy informs Stacey as she grabs their plates and walks them toward the sink.

"Really I figured he was staying for a few days ug that sucks. Why would he even come? Gosh it stinks he has to turn around so quickly." Stacey complains again.

Andy and Stacey finish washing up and they get into their pajamas and hang out on the couch watching their neighbors windows. They have 3 rows of windows that they can see and all the windows are about 9 different apartments. They don't know why but they love watching their neighbors and making up what's happening in their lives. It's kinda weird but hey it's their thing.

Ding Stacey's phone goes off. She looks down and shrieks. "OMG he texted me back." She looks at her phone mortified.

"Who did?" Andy looked at her confused.

"Derrick from last night" Stacey says looking at her phone still mortified.

"Really what did he say what did he say?" Andy's now facing her bouncing on her knees on the couch.

She hands Andy her phone.

Derrick: Uh hey sorry it took so long for me to text back. It's not a problem. The least I could do was make sure you were home safe last night. I had a fun time. I'd like to see you again maybe over coffee?

She's looking at Andy shaking her head. "I don't know what to do."

Andy laughs "Well did you have a good time with him?" She asks.

"Well ya. I mean is was great and it was so sweet how he dropped me off and didn't you know sleep with me super drunk."

Andy asks "would you like to go on a nomal date with him?"

Stacey weakly "kinda I'm not used to this kind of stuff." She hits Andy with a pillow. Andy shoves Stacey's phone back in her hand.

Stacey looks down. Andy has pretyped a message and it's just waiting for her to hit the send button.

Stacey: Ya I had a great time too. I can't thank you enough for what you did. I'd be interested in seeing you again. When and where for coffee?

Stacey looks back at Andy and presses send. "Aaahhh you sent it. I'm so proud of you!"