Part 95

Raphael

"Fuck!" I slam my fists against the wall as my phone falls to the floor. I'm sure I just rattled the whole office but I don't care. I pick my phone up from the floor and call Giovanni.

"I'm headed there now." Gio is trying to be proactive but that's not what I want him to do.

"No set up a meeting with Ivan. This ends now!" I growl.

"Yes boss" Gio replies then hangs up.

I call Enzo. "What happened?!" He growls at me. 

"I'm working to figure that out now but don't forget you had guys on her too." I hiss back at the over heated Romano.

"One of mine is dead and the other was shot but will survive. The guy in front heard everything but they had locked the doors. By the time he broke in it was too late."

"We meet with Ivan tonight." I demand.

"I might kill him." Lorenzo warns.

"Fine by me. We'll fight beside you to get them back." I assure him.

_______

The entire group is missing. Giovanni keeps flicking his knife around behind me as Leonardo keeps tapping his finger on his brother's chair. Both of our seconds are antsy about this meeting. Both of them want Ivan dead and are itching to dole out the punishment themselves. I'm an inferno waiting to explode. Music thumps in the background as we begin our meeting with Ivan.

Ivan smirks at us from the corner table he's sitting at with a half naked girl across his lap. His hands roam her legs and she giggles into his kneck. "Any if you want one? Just grab a girl. On the house gentlemen."

Enzo growls. "Cut the shit Ivan. Where are they?"

Ivan looks to Enzo and then me. "Where is who?"

"Natalia, Andrea, Isabella, and Stacey. Where do you have them?" Enzo growls.

Ivan looks at us surprised. "Oh dear the incident earlier today was your sister and her friends? Oh that's unfortunate." Ivan acts surprised.

"Give them back to us and we won't go to war." I growl.

Ivan scoffs. "You think I have them? Why would I be that stupid? I know better than that." He chastises.

"You're working with Dante Dorrego. We know his intention is to kid nap her. You're the only one with the capability to do this. Now where is she?"

Ivan shakes his head a little. "Mmm no."

Enzo flies off the handle about to go across the table when Dominik, Ivan's second, puts a gun to Lorenzo's head.

"Try again and I won't hesitate." Dominik threatens.

Ivan smirks and looks between the two of us. "So what else do you two need?"

"Cut the shit Ivan we know you're working with Dante. He was a part of the team that picked the girls up. Your guys were there."

"True True but we didn't get the girls. Is this some kind of game Mariano?" Ivan smirks. "It's a strange one."

"No games." Enzo growls. "Give us back the girls or we're at war."

"War seems a little much." Ivan touts.

I respond now. "If you don't want war then return the girls to us before midnight. Otherwise we'll bring hell fire to you."

Ivan chuckles and leans back. "Good luck with that. If  I had the girls Natalia would be the girl in my lap not this. Oh when you see Natalia tell her hiding behind her cousins isn't going to keep her from me forever. Eventually I'll get an opportunity. She can come now and we can talk it out or she can drag this game out. Either way she'll be mine."

Leo turns quick and pulls a gun. "Don't touch Natalia." I put my hand on his arm.

"Let's go he knows where we stand on this." I pat Leonardo. He finally turns and leaves.

"You have until midnight." I call out then get in the car.

Ivan chuckles. "Hey Mariano. It's not just the girls that are missing right? Miguel is missing too isn't he?"

"I don't care what Dante does to him." I growl back.

Ivan holds up his hands and laughs. "Just making sure." Ivan draws out.
_______
It's 4am and still nothing from Ivan. So Enzo makes the call. First a crack house he has on our border gets raided by police.

5am-Fire at his warehouse that happens to catch his neighboring fun stash.

6am-his cousin is sitting in my basement being tortured my Enzo.

7am Ivan calls. "Tick tock Ivan where are they." I warn.

Ivan chuckles on the other end. "I don't have her Mariano but if anything happens to Natalia I'm coming for you and Enzo. We can end this now if you want or we can drag it out. I dont have them."

"Bull Ivan we have video."

His taunting voice comes over coolly. "Might want to find her Mariano."

Then the line goes dead.

Enzo starts making calls. More raids for later today. I look to Leo sitting at their kitchen counter twirling his knife. He doesn't look good. Somewhere between lost and rage.

"Miguel is missing too. Which means the cartel will assist as well if we need it." I call out to Enzo who nods and keeps talking on the phone.

Leo scowls and walks to his room. I pour myself a drink and begin strategizing on how to squeeze Ivan.

Enzo and I are staring at a map talking about the neighborhoods we'll need to start protecting starting tonight. Leo comes in and slams his computer down. "He has her."

"We know Dante has her." I snarl. "Ivan is protecting Dante."

Leo looks down at his computer and shakes his head. "Not Dante."

Enzo scowls now. "Then who?"

Leo turns his computer to us. "Miguel."

"Miguel is a friendly." Gio starts. He's been sitting in the corner watching me to see if I'm going to explode. I'm a raw nerve and I'll set fire if I'm rubbed wrong right now.

"He wants my fiancé. He's in love with her. Damn it. I'll start making calls to the air ports." That familiar anxiety from a few months ago bubbles up. I'll kill him if he took her.

"Raphael I already have confirmation. His plane took off from Newark about an hour and a half after the attempted kidnapping. " Leo stops me.

"You mean she's on a plane right now? Headed where?"

"She's already in Mexico."

"Cazzo!" My chest squeezes from the thought of her being taken from me again.

"We will get her back Raphael." Leonardo tries to reassure.

"We have to." I shake my head.

"Raphael he has all of them. Natalia, Stacey, Isabella, all of them. This maybe a misunderstanding." Leo tries again to reassure me.

"No he'll squirm back into her good graces and then she'll be his. Cazzo! We have to get to her before he worms his way back in."

"Andrea isn't letting him anywhere. We'll figure it out. In the mean time let's wait to hear. If we hear nothing then we'll start to look for her in Mexico."