Part 62

Matty left yesterday. Raphael secretly upgraded his ticket to first class and Matty couldn't stop talking about it once he landed.

On the way to work I get a call from my Dad.

"Hey Daddy."

"Hola sweety. Busy?"

"No just riding the bus to work from the university. What's up?"

"Oh just wanted to call you. Sorry I couldn't come with Matthew but your mother had an appointment and I just couldn't make it work."

I smile. "It's fine Daddy. I'm glad Matty got to come it was good seeing him."

"He had a blast. He hasn't stopped talking about it. I think he has a crush on that boyfriend of yours."

I smile and nod. "Ya they got on really well."

"Good I'm glad. He really likes him which means he can't be too bad." I can hear my Dad smile.

"Raphael is great. I wish Mama could meet him. It would change her mind."

"Oh sweety don't worry about your Mama. She'll come around."

"Daddy why does she not like me dating Raphael?" She's shown her distaste for Raphael everytime I've spoken to her. It's not like her.

My Dad gets really quiet for a bit. "The devil you know vs. the devil you don't. I think sweety."

I get quiet. "Oh."

"She'll come around sweety don't worry too much about it."

"Ok." I breathe out.

"Well sweety I look forward to meeting this young man. He's won Matty's vote and that's hard to do. Oh shit come on! Sorry baby one of the calves is trying to make a break for it. I'll talk to you later."

"Ok bye Daddy."

"Adios sweety."

_________

Later that night in Del Rio

Daniel (her Dad's point of view)

"Matty really likes Raphael." I say washing my hands in the sink.

I hear my wife huff as she plates dinner. Her Italian accent pokes out when she's frustrated. "Well soon Miguel will have her in Mexico and we won't have to worry about Raphael for much longer."

"Lily you need to tell her."

"How? How do I tell her now? Her entire life I have kept her in the dark on purpose."

"I've told you and told you and told you to tell her but you haven't and now it's coming to bite you."

Lily looks at me shocked.

"Darling I love you but you forget how strong our daughter is. You need to tell her."

My wife huffs. "I'll talk to Miguel about it."

I don't say a word after that. Miguel broke my daughter's heart and I haven't forgiven him for it and it pisses me off how easily Lily forgave him.

---------
Halloween

This dress is beautiful. Eddy Milano outdid himself. It's a black lace trumpet dress. The sleeves are sheer and stop at my wrist. The back is open just like Raphael likes it. The bodice is a solid black and it pools in black lacey waves down my legs. I go to sit and put on the black lace heels that match when Raphael walks in. He rushes to me and kneels in front.

"Let me do that."

I blush. "Thank you."

"Tell Eddy that this dress is gorgeous."

A smirk crosses Raphael's face as he slips on my shoe. "I will let him know."

I admire him as he slips my shoes onto my feet. In the past few weeks I've moved in down stairs with Stacey. I smile thinking about how quickly we were able to move because he wanted me in the same building as soon as possible. Within a week he had packers and movers getting our stuff ready and in the apartment. By Friday afternoon all of our things were inside of the apartment and we unpacked the entire weekend. The next week Leonardo had a designer come in and completely decorate our apartment in our weird western farmhouse theme. As livid as we were when we came home and our things had been rearranged or "put in storage", the designer did a great job.
I'm happy though. I get to see Raphael more and I still get to run with Stacey on Saturdays except now we get to run in Central Park.

Raphael stands up. "You ready?"

I nod and we make our way to the car. Raphael grazes my hand with his fingers as we make our way to the club. There's a fundraiser tonight for the children's home at his club 1867. It's more of a giant dinner party. I helped Isabella with some of the planning.

"Andrea I have a meeting tonight and Leo and Enzo will be in that meeting. While we're in there I need you, Izzy and Stacey to stay in the VIP lounge. Do you understand?" Raphael squeezes my hand and looks at my response.

I nod to him. "Ok" I breathe out. "Is everything ok?"

Raphael runs his free hand along my face and I lean into his warmth. "Yes everything is fine. We just have an important business meeting to attend to is all." His finger skims my dark red lips. I blush and kiss his finger.

"Ok." He squeezes my hand.

"Thank you." He kisses my cheek. He reaches into his jacket pocket. "I don't know if Isabella told you but this is a masquerade."

I smile and nudge him with my elbow. "No she did not tell me."

He laughs. "I didn't think so." He pulls out a black lace mask that matches my dress.

He helps me tie it on and he pulls out his. It's a solid black matte mask that covers his eyes and half of his face. A lace detail is etched into the mask. I help him tie his and it makes my cheeks burn red when he lightly kisses my lips.

Raphael is always handsome and most of the time he's dressed like the dark prince of wall street he is. He always has that well dressed bad boy look about him but today it's out in force. This is the Italian Don Raphael Mariano. Not that I've never seen the mobster Raphael before but this is him in the truest form. Black suit, black shoes, black shirt and a black lace pocket square to match my dress and with the black mask he's breath taking and terrifying. I shift and cross my legs. I can't help but want this man. I'm drawn to him. I'm drawn to that darkness.

He leans into my ear. "I'm going to rip that dress off of you and take you where you sit if you look at me like that again."

I swallow and my cheeks turn pink. My lips quiver and I bat my eyes innocently. "I don't know what you mean." I breathe out.

He chuckles darkly and it makes my heart stop. "You want me."

I whisper. "I always want you."

He growls and grins. He gives my hand a quick squeeze. He looks out the window and says. "Tonight there will be other...bosses at the party. So stay close to me."

I smooth my hands up his arm. "The meeting."

He nods.

"Ok. Does Stacey know?"

Raphael scoffs and he shakes his head. "No. Which is dangerous for her and him. I told him he needed to tell her a month ago. His excuse she isn't ready for that yet." I can see his disapproval as he tenses up.

"I'll make sure she's with me."

Raphael turns to me and kisses my head. "Thank you."

"Siamo qui Capo." His driver says as he stops the car.

Raphael steps out of the vehicle and I pat the drivers shoulder. "Grazie." I smile to him.

The driver smiles and shakes his head and in a very thick Italian accent. "Signorina it's my job."

I pat his shoulder again and slide out. Raphael looks at me like I just did the silliest thing. I take his hand and he let's me out. Raphael leans in behind me. "Stop harassing my driver." I turn and scowl and he has a teasing grin on. "I was saying thank you. It doesn't hurt from time to time." Raphael just smiles and shakes his head. He tucks my hand in his arm and we walk in to 1867.