Part 5

Raphael walks back to his car. She's beautiful, she's smart I need her. I want her.

He makes a call to Sigurd.

"Hello"

"Sigurd it's Raphael when does Andrea work next"

"Tuesday sir. Then Thursday through Saturday."

"Have me down for Tuesday."

Sigurd clears his throat " Yes of course sir".

"Oh and Sigurd Andrea will be my waitress."

"Yes sir. Sir please keep something in mind she's had a rough couple of months and she is an asset and a friend."

"She told me. Sigurd I want to assure you that my intentions are pure. She interests me. I'm always looking for talented individuals and clearly she is just that."

Sigurd isn't a problem he's just looking out for her. My intentions are pure but maybe not professional. I find her attractive but not just because she's beautiful but because she's smart and clever.

Andrea smiles to herself and places her keys on the hook and locks the door. She remembers not to deadbolt because Stacey is still probably out partying somewhere.

She turns to walk into the kitchen and rummages around for something to eat in the fridge. Mmm leftover spaghetti from the night before yum! She heats the spaghetti and pours herself a glass of wine and walks to her bedroom. She opens the door looking down the whole time to make sure she doesn't trip and places her food on the desk next to the door and she flips on the light.

There he is, sitting on her bed with a serious smirk on his face.

"No! No! No no no no no I am not going to Mexico with you I'm staying here. I'm finishing grad school. No Miguel. Seriously!" She says backing up into the main room.

"Mi amor I know" he strides towards her and takes her hand. He leads her to sit on the bed. "I left thinking I'm bringing you back with me and then on the flight I realized I needed to apologize and from the look of your face right now. I really need to apologize. I haven't been keeping my part of the agreement. No sex no romance. It's difficult because it comes so easily with you because you are my best friend. But at the same time I don't want to put you in danger and you being with me will do that. I'm struggling with how to do this." He's holding her face with his hand examining the bags under her eyes.

"Miguel you haven't even tried." She says taking her face out of his hands.

"I know Andy and I'm sorry. I have a different idea. What about a new arrangement?" Miguel says taking her hand in his.

"I'm listening..." she answers taking her hand away from him.

Miguel sighs "What if we for now date? I allow you to finish school at Columbia and then when you graduate you come home with me. You've been alone up here. You haven't dated. I don't know when the last time you had sex was and I just want you to be happy."

"You know how this ends Miguel. You know you can't handle someone threatening me. It's already happened once and we weren't even together and it took you a year to finally allow me to visit again." Andy says her head down as she recounts that difficult time.

"Please Andy consider it." Miguel takes her hand in his and brushes his lips across her knuckles.

"Counter offer?" Andy makes eye contact with Miguel.

"Maybe, let's hear it."

"I stay here in New York. If by that time I haven't found a boy friend or a job, I will go back to Mexico with you and we can weigh our options." Andy counters.