Part 6

He removes himself from her and kisses her softly. He lifts her off the counter and places her in the shower careful not to get liquid on the ground. His hand never leaves her waist as he gets in after her. The shower is more of an old claw bath tub that they just added a shower head on to. She takes her bar of soap and begins rubbing it into her rag. She begins washing herself as he helps himself to her shampoo and conditioner. They both finish washing and they get out. She wraps a towel around her body and one in her hair and she throws another at Miguel. He wraps it low on his hips and gives her a mischievous smirk.

He stalks towards her and places both hands on either side of her. He leans into her and lets his lips graze her ear "I'm going to make it extremely difficult for you to choose another man over me. I refuse to play fair." Miguel growls.

"I wouldn't have expected anything different from you." She places her hands on his chest and pushes him off of her. She peaks out of the bathroom. Good Stacey isn't home yet. They make their way into her bedroom and she changes into some high waisted comfy shorts and an oversized t-shirt for pajamas. Miguel puts on a pair of pajama pants that look beyond comfortable that sit low on his hips and of course no shirt.

They both walk out of her room and he begins making margaritas as she sits on the couch that faces the big window and pulls up her lap top. Miguel sits next to her and hands her her hand crafted margarita glass that she bought the last time she was in Playa visiting. She takes a sip. "Uuuhhh so good. Thank you." She smiles over her glass.

"Alright let's take a look at that thesis you keep fussing about." He takes her lap top and pulls it up and he's putting notes next to everything for her to check for a possible revision. He's almost finished when Stacey walks in drunk hanging off of a guy.

"Shit my roommate is up." She squints at me and the guy who doesn't seem drunk smiles sheepishly.

"Hey Stacey." Miguel waves his hand still facing the opposite direction reading Andrea's thesis.

"Aahhhh Miguel you're here!" Stacey screams and runs to the couch. Miguel pushes the computer to me and a whiff of mixed liquor comes towards me as Stacey barrels her way over the back of the couch and into Miguel's lap. He doesn't know what to do with her so he hugs her and places her down next to him. I get up to make her a glass of water and I put some mint in it to help with the alcohol on her breath. I look at the guy.

"Do you want something to drink water, coffee, vodka?" I say laughing at the awkward situation.

"Uuh a water would be nice." He sticks his hands in his pockets still awkward. I hand him his glass.

"You don't look drunk." She says to him inquisitive.

"Ya I'm not. I ate before I started drinking and I don't think she did. She was getting hit on by some dude that looked like he was creepin her out. So I was just gonna be nice and rescue her but then we kinda hit it off. Her and her friends took some shots and then this." He laughed waving at her.
"She's adorable but I don't sleep with girls when they're this drunk."

"How gentlemanly of you." I say looking at him proudly. "I really appreciate it.  I apologize about my friend. He's from out of town and he surprised me today. She thinks he's pretty great so ya." I say to the stranger. "What's your name?" She asks him. He seems nice wouldn't hurt for Stacy to date a nice guy for a change.

"Derrick" He puts out his and she shakes it.

"Nice to meet you Derrick. I'm Andrea you've met my roommate Stacy and that's my friend Miguel." She informs him.

"Thanks for the water I really need to be headed home. Good thing is I don't live far I'm two street over and 3 blocks down. It was a happy surprise when I dropped her off. Um I'd like to leave my number for her. Do you have a pen and paper?" Derrick asks me.

"Do you want to just put it in her phone?" She asks him.

"Nah I feel like this is the old school romantic way." He says.

"Ok" she laughs and hand him the pen and paper. He writes his number down.

"Nice meeting you." Derrick waves and leaves. Andy locks the door and deadbolt now that she's here.

Miguel walks up next to her and makes himself another margarita. "He seemed nice."

"I thought so too" raising my eyebrows at him.

"Incoming" I say.

"Wait did he leave? Ug I was trying to sleep with him. Ooo margaritas." Drunk Stacey is easily distracted.

"You want one?" Miguel asks Stacey.

"Uh duh. Seriously Miguel." Stacey replies.

"She doesn't need more." I mouth to Miguel.

He starts making her margarita and I make her sit at the island and drink a water before he's finished. He puts a tiny splash of tequila and fills the rest up with lime juice, agave and mix. He hands her the drink and we helps her stumble towards the couch. We put her in the corner with a pillow and as she drinks pretty much straight limeade she begins to relax and fall asleep.

Miguel leans in "I have to make a call." I nod my head to him. I take the mexican blanket draped over the couch and I put it on Stacey. I take her shoes off and do my best at removing her jewelry and makeup. The girl is out. I turn the lights out and head to my bedroom waiting on the other side of the door.

"Yes I'm staying at Park Central. I had business that needed dealing with...Yes everything is fine. It was something delicate that needed to be handled in person...Sunday night would be great...haha I'll manage alone thanks for the offer though... whenever when would be best?...5PM it is...thank you for this impromptu soft opening I figured since I'm here why not...Yes of course. Thank you. Bye."

She starts putting up the margarita ingredients. She hears him open the door and she can feel him come up behind him. His lips graze her neck. "I know you were listening Andy. I was just talking to Raphael. I don't want to step on any toes while I'm here. We're doing a soft opening for Cartelo tomorrow at 1876. I'm going alone. I know you have class on Monday and you're an old lady that likes to go to bed early." He grins against her shoulder as she elbows him in the ribs at the old lady comment. "Let's go to bed." He takes her hand and guides her into her bedroom. They lay down and he wraps his arms around her and she drifts to sleep.