Part 15

Saturday ran by quickly. Andrea got up around 9am went for a run and showered off the sweat and began studying. 2pm snuck up on her and she got ready for work and headed to the bus stop.

The DaLucca was packed. The restaurant was fully reserved and the entrance and bar was bursting at the seams with people trying to get last minute tables. When her tables are finished she helps do some clean up.

"Andy, I need you in the office checking over the books." Sigurd comes up to her and takes the rag from her hand that she's wiping down tables with.

She laughs "Ok I'll start on them." She grabs her water and heads over to the office. The laptop is set on the coffee table with the books next to them all spread out so she settles into the floor and begins working. Her back is facing away from the door against the couch that is adjacent to another couch that all faces the desk. She's cross legged on the floor. She's so focused that she doesn't notice the person that walked in and sat next to her on the couch isn't Sigurd.

"Hey Sigurd I'm still working on it. I'm about half way" she taps her pencil on the account book that sits next to her on the table.

"Take your time topolina." The voice is low, seductive, and familiar. The sound sends chills down her spine. She looks up and sees Raphael sitting next to her beaming down at her. She narrows her eyes at him questioning.

"Hello Raphael what can I help you with?" She asks.

"Nothing. I'm just here to watch you." He smiles at her and tucks a stray hair behind her ears.

She narrows her eyes at him and turns back to the computer. "Well I still have a bit of verification that needs to get done so you may be watching for a bit."

"That's fine." He gets up and she hears glass clinking behind her. He hands her a glass of bourbon and he takes a sip from his.

"I'm working Raphael." She glares at him.

"And?" He smiles at her.

"I don't drink while I'm on the clock." She keeps working.

"I won't tell Sigurd." He whispers to her secretively.

"Right" she says sarcastically and places the drink on the table and continues working.

Raphael leans back and watches her work. A few minutes later Sigurd walks in.

"Ooo Macallan don't mind if I do." And picks up Andrea's glass. Raphael laughs at him.

"Raphael you're a surprise. What can we help you with?" Sigurd asks him leaning against the desk in front of her.

"Just checking up on how my restaurant is going." Raphael states leaning back with a smirk.

"Haha you mean you're checking out my waitresses." Sigurd laughs.

"Just one of them." Raphael smiles and eyes Andrea.

"I thought you said you didn't own this restaurant." Andrea asks still working on the computer.

"Eh I don't technically but I do get a small profit." Raphael answers with a twirl of the dark liquor in his glass.

"Mmm so you are my boss." Andrea states still working hard at the account.

"Not technically. Sigurd is your boss I'm more of a benefactor." Raphael attempts to reassure the woman sitting beside him. "Think of me as more of the bank. I helped with the creation and payment for the restaurant and Sigurd is the hands on gets it done guy."

"So technically you're not my boss but you get special treatment and have a vested interest. Cool because that's not complicated." Andrea laughs and runs her sheet. Nothing pops up as not adding up. She double checks. "Finished everything looks good this week Sigurd." She looks at her boss and smiles.