Part 77

Raphael steps forward. "That's where I come in. You were betrothed to me the day you were born. Your mother didn't want you marrying the enemy but it was done so instead of you having to marry me she took you away and hid the secret from you." I look to my mother who nods.

I look back to Lorenzo and Leonardo. I walk to them and look at both of them and I immediately see our similarities. I start to cry. Enzo takes my face in his big hands. "Sorella you have us now and we have you. " I swallow and nod.

Leo looks up from his phone. "We need to leave Santiago will be coming for her."

"There's nothing he can do now. I know the truth." I stammer.

Raphael turns me to him. "He will take you and not give you back. I won't let that happen again." I try to yank myself from his grip.

"You broke up with me. Why are you even here?"

His hands fly off me like I burned him. "I never broke up with you." He growls.

Leonardo gets between us. "We'll figure this out on the plane. Sorella do you have a bag that you need."

I shake my head. "I only brought a few extra items to run here. Where are we going?"

"Ok we need to go." Lorenzo looks up from his phone.

I look at my parents. "Are yall coming too?"

My mother shakes her head no. "I can't face Giuseppe just yet."

"Wait Giuseppe? We're going to Italy?" I look to Lorenzo. He nods. I nod then hug both of my parents and leave with my brothers. Enzo and Leo rush me out of the house and into their rented Range Rover. I know this SUV. This is the vehicle Miguel rents when it's him and his family. Enzo and Raphael sit in front while Leo and I sit in the back. I lean my face against the cool window as the adrenaline from the last few days and hours wear off. What normally takes an hour takes 30 minutes the way they drove to get us to the air port.

The plane we're boarding is running and ready for us. We get inside with their bags and my small back pack and the door immediately closes. Within 5 minutes we're taking off. Once in the air Leonardo begins moving around. He sits next to me. His head points toward a door in the back. "There's a bedroom back there sis. Take a shower and rest we have clothes for you here thanks to Raphael."

My eyes dart to his and I glare noticing his eyes watching me. I stand up and walk to the bedroom. I'm exhausted but I know I'm in need of a shower. I begin to strip when I hear protesting from Enzo and the door click open to the bedroom. Raphael Mariano steps into the room and locks the door behind him. His eyes dance like he's stalking his pray.

"What do you want?" I hiss.

"Why do you think I broke up with you?" He muses.

"You're words exactly "I don't want Miguel's sloppy seconds. Well that's fine. Miguel and I are happy I'm a little pissed off that he knew yall were at my house and didn't tell me but we'll get through that."

Raphael shakes his head and stalks towards me. I step back and bump into the bed. "I never said anything like that."

I scoff. "You're lying so you don't look bad in front of my brothers. You don't fool me Raphael."

He shakes his head. "You know I wouldn't lie to you. Did you hear those words leave my lips?"

"No you broke up with me over text like a coward!" I shout back with tears running down my face. I don't want to hash through this again.

"Coward hmmm I've never been called that before. Also breaking up over text isn't really my style. I prefer to watch the heart break and know it's done rather than text and leave it up to further confusion." He's directly in front of me now. Watching me amused. He wipes a tear from my cheek.

"You broke up with me over text and never let me talk to you." I cry backed up to the bed. "Go away."

He kneels in front of me and moves my hair out of my face. "Do you still have these texts?"

I glare at him. "Yes."

"Let me see them?" He coaxes.

"Why so you can delete them so my brothers won't know what you've done?!" I shout at him.

"No Topolina. I want to see them is all."

"Don't call me that." I hiss and hand him my phone. He finds the missed calls and messages.

"Topolina you believed this?" He purrs. "This doesn't even sound like me and all of these missed calls. I never received any of this. I knew he'd pull something like this!"

"What are you talking about?!" Raphael hands me his phone.

"This is what I've sent. Go all the way back. The date you stopped responding was the day we sent a DNA test to be done on your hair to see if it matched Andrea Romano. Two weeks later it came back as a positive and we flew to Del Rio which is when you stopped being able to communicate with your parents. Am I right?"

I begin to shake as I read texts and see call after call. His messages become more frantic as the days go on. His last message was sent a week and a half ago. We're coming to get you.

My shaking gets worse. "I don't understand I never saw these."

Raphael pockets my phone.

"Hey!"

Raphael warns me with a look. "Leonardo will take a look and see if there's a bug. If there is then he orchestrated our break up."

I shake my head. "I don't understand."

"Andrea" He says my name in Italian. "he wanted you to himself but he knew you wouldn't choose him unless I was out of the picture. My assumption is there's a bug on the phone and it's blocked all sorts of numbers and it's programmed to send what he wants."

I shake my head again. "No no he wouldn't. He wouldn't do that."

Raphael cocks his head. "You sure about that? Because I know I didn't break up with you."

I sit gasping for air as my world comes crushing down on me. Raphael squeezes my thigh and stands. He fingers my phone in front of me. "I'll give this to Leonardo to analyze. Wash up Topolina. I'll have something comfortable waiting for you on the bed. Feel free to get some sleep too. It'll be a long flight." Then he leaves I sit gasping on the bed. No no he wouldn't do that. He wouldn't. I get into the shower and wash the past three days off. I scrub until I'm raw and then let the hot steaming water wash over me. When it starts to cool down I step out and towel off. When I walk into the bedroom with a towel around me I find a soft pair of warm lounge pants and an oversized long sleeve that matches. I quickly put them on and I can feel myself immediately become drowsy. I want to check on my phone to see if Raphael is right but sleep sounds so nice at this very moment. I climb into the bed and slow my breathing and fight off the thoughts of Miguel lying to me.